News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Incentivized video ups engagement, awareness, purchasing
Everyone hates pre-roll video ads, right? Yes, actually. Pre-roll units can be interruptive, slow to load and interrupt the viewer's stream of consciousness. New data from Jun Group shows how brands can engage through video without the annoying interruptions.
First, some video numbers. comScore reports 183 million US consumers watched online video content in October 2012; more than 37 billion clips were served with video ad units reaching a record 11 billion. Video ads now accounted for just over 22% of total videos viewed but for only about 1% of the total video minutes. Still, it can be hard for video advertisers to engage because of the interruptions.
According to new data out from Jun Group the key to engaging video is to make the transition seamless - in other words to give the viewer a reason to remain engaged. I.E. to incentivize the content.
"Gripes about pre-roll are nothing new, but until recently most marketers haven't realized that there is an alternative," explains Jun Group CEO, Mitchell Reichgut. "At Jun Group, we've long held that opt-in units are a better, more respectful way to reach consumers, and now the data speaks for itself. Incentivized ads outperform pre-roll on nearly every significant metric and deliver vastly better results for advertisers."
The report shows:
• Twice as many viewers interacted with a brand after viewing an incentivized clip
• Viewers are 50% more likely to complete an incentivized video ad (98% completion rate)
• Viewers are three times more likely to share incentivized clips, upping the reach of the brand through the social space
• Pre-roll ads top incentivized ads for driving brand awareness
• Incentivized units push high brand favorability than pre-roll units
Researchers sampled 7.7 million incentivized video ad views between May and August (2012) to come to their results.
- Black Friday UK predicted to break £1bn in online sales
- Smaato: Spending on mobile web ads soars
- Study: What consumers really want from loyalty programs
- Top 4 Tips to Manage Relationship Between Developers, Marketers
- Android steadily catching up Apple on opens and clicks in E.U.
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...