News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Incentivized video ups engagement, awareness, purchasing
Everyone hates pre-roll video ads, right? Yes, actually. Pre-roll units can be interruptive, slow to load and interrupt the viewer's stream of consciousness. New data from Jun Group shows how brands can engage through video without the annoying interruptions.
First, some video numbers. comScore reports 183 million US consumers watched online video content in October 2012; more than 37 billion clips were served with video ad units reaching a record 11 billion. Video ads now accounted for just over 22% of total videos viewed but for only about 1% of the total video minutes. Still, it can be hard for video advertisers to engage because of the interruptions.
According to new data out from Jun Group the key to engaging video is to make the transition seamless - in other words to give the viewer a reason to remain engaged. I.E. to incentivize the content.
"Gripes about pre-roll are nothing new, but until recently most marketers haven't realized that there is an alternative," explains Jun Group CEO, Mitchell Reichgut. "At Jun Group, we've long held that opt-in units are a better, more respectful way to reach consumers, and now the data speaks for itself. Incentivized ads outperform pre-roll on nearly every significant metric and deliver vastly better results for advertisers."
The report shows:
• Twice as many viewers interacted with a brand after viewing an incentivized clip
• Viewers are 50% more likely to complete an incentivized video ad (98% completion rate)
• Viewers are three times more likely to share incentivized clips, upping the reach of the brand through the social space
• Pre-roll ads top incentivized ads for driving brand awareness
• Incentivized units push high brand favorability than pre-roll units
Researchers sampled 7.7 million incentivized video ad views between May and August (2012) to come to their results.
- Neurological study pits digital ads against physical ads
- Mobile-friendly hotels appeal to 9 out of 10 U.S. travelers
- Study: Millennials cautious with spending
- Study: Millennials willing to pay for rewards
- Facebook opens first office in Africa
- Mobile a key ingredient in a Millennial's kitchen
- Expert: The benefits to early EMV conversion
- Top 3 tips to reduce customer churn
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...