News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Incentivized video ups engagement, awareness, purchasing
Everyone hates pre-roll video ads, right? Yes, actually. Pre-roll units can be interruptive, slow to load and interrupt the viewer's stream of consciousness. New data from Jun Group shows how brands can engage through video without the annoying interruptions.
First, some video numbers. comScore reports 183 million US consumers watched online video content in October 2012; more than 37 billion clips were served with video ad units reaching a record 11 billion. Video ads now accounted for just over 22% of total videos viewed but for only about 1% of the total video minutes. Still, it can be hard for video advertisers to engage because of the interruptions.
According to new data out from Jun Group the key to engaging video is to make the transition seamless - in other words to give the viewer a reason to remain engaged. I.E. to incentivize the content.
"Gripes about pre-roll are nothing new, but until recently most marketers haven't realized that there is an alternative," explains Jun Group CEO, Mitchell Reichgut. "At Jun Group, we've long held that opt-in units are a better, more respectful way to reach consumers, and now the data speaks for itself. Incentivized ads outperform pre-roll on nearly every significant metric and deliver vastly better results for advertisers."
The report shows:
• Twice as many viewers interacted with a brand after viewing an incentivized clip
• Viewers are 50% more likely to complete an incentivized video ad (98% completion rate)
• Viewers are three times more likely to share incentivized clips, upping the reach of the brand through the social space
• Pre-roll ads top incentivized ads for driving brand awareness
• Incentivized units push high brand favorability than pre-roll units
Researchers sampled 7.7 million incentivized video ad views between May and August (2012) to come to their results.
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
- Top 4 investments to make in 2015
- Researchers use Yelp to predict a restaurant's chances of survival
- Are your employees stifling yawns during status meetings?
- Survey reveals the odd places consumers shop by mobile
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...