News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: 93% of etail sites aren't tablet optimized
Mobile is growing by leaps and bounds but still many retailers are missing the mobile boat and for a simple reason: they're not optimized for the mobile device most consumers shop with - the tablet. According to new data out from Skava 93% of US retailers haven't optimized their website for tablet devices - a growing source of traffic to retail sites.
According to Forrester one-third of Americans will own a tablet by 2013 while this year the Zmags Holiday Survey suggests nearly half (44%) of online shopper will make at least one purchase from a tablet device.
• 95% of retailer sites are optimized for smartphones
• Tablet shoppers are nearly four times as likely to make a purchase via the device
• Tablet shoppers spend more (153%) than smartphone shoppers
"Online retailers have recently seen a large increase in tablet traffic and they are beginning to stand up and take notice," said Arish Ali, Co-founder and President, Skava Inc. "We are set to launch a number of tablet optimized sites for several leading retailers in the coming weeks and we anticipate that in 2013 many more will follow the trend. We work with many of the top tier retailers who are looking to create much more engaging, on brand and interactive experience on the tablet to cater to the lucrative tablet owner, and at Skava we are making their vision a reality."
Meanwhile a survey from Offers.com indicates about 13% of people plan to spend more over the 2012 holidays than they did in 2011. And, while most will shop in-store (57%) experts agree that shoppers will use mobile devices in-store to compare prices, look up product reviews and potentially online from inside the brick and mortar location.
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...