News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: 93% of etail sites aren't tablet optimized
Mobile is growing by leaps and bounds but still many retailers are missing the mobile boat and for a simple reason: they're not optimized for the mobile device most consumers shop with - the tablet. According to new data out from Skava 93% of US retailers haven't optimized their website for tablet devices - a growing source of traffic to retail sites.
According to Forrester one-third of Americans will own a tablet by 2013 while this year the Zmags Holiday Survey suggests nearly half (44%) of online shopper will make at least one purchase from a tablet device.
• 95% of retailer sites are optimized for smartphones
• Tablet shoppers are nearly four times as likely to make a purchase via the device
• Tablet shoppers spend more (153%) than smartphone shoppers
"Online retailers have recently seen a large increase in tablet traffic and they are beginning to stand up and take notice," said Arish Ali, Co-founder and President, Skava Inc. "We are set to launch a number of tablet optimized sites for several leading retailers in the coming weeks and we anticipate that in 2013 many more will follow the trend. We work with many of the top tier retailers who are looking to create much more engaging, on brand and interactive experience on the tablet to cater to the lucrative tablet owner, and at Skava we are making their vision a reality."
Meanwhile a survey from Offers.com indicates about 13% of people plan to spend more over the 2012 holidays than they did in 2011. And, while most will shop in-store (57%) experts agree that shoppers will use mobile devices in-store to compare prices, look up product reviews and potentially online from inside the brick and mortar location.
- 57% of consumers do not trust a business with their data
- 39% turn blind eye to branded social media posts
- Study: Tiggered emails key to reengaging cart abandoners
- Report: Mobile pushing more ecommerce
- How brands can use chat apps to engage
- Ad Roundup: Email and experience tools
- RichRelevance: Site Search key for shoppers
- How loyalty data can improve the shopper experience
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...