News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Record numbers of online videos viewed in U.S. during September
More video content was viewed online in September than ever before, according to the latest data released from comScore's Video Metrix.
Internet users watch over 39 billion online content videos during the month of September, cruising past the record of 27 billion in August, 2012.
No prizes for guessing who dominated the rankings - Google Sites, driven by YouTube - which had 150 million viewers watching 13 billion videos for an average of 419 minutes per viewer during September.
The closest to Google Sites was Yahoo, albeit quite a long way behind. It registered 57 million viewers and 498 million videos watched for an average of 49 minutes per viewer.
As for online video ads, comScore reports almost 9.5 million were seen in September and that over half the population of the U.S. saw a video ad. In fact, comScore's data says that a viewer saw somewhere around 64 video ads across the month.
Again, no prizes for guessing where the most ad views took place - Google Sites - with over 1.7 billion video ad views.
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...