News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Record numbers of online videos viewed in U.S. during September
More video content was viewed online in September than ever before, according to the latest data released from comScore's Video Metrix.
Internet users watch over 39 billion online content videos during the month of September, cruising past the record of 27 billion in August, 2012.
No prizes for guessing who dominated the rankings - Google Sites, driven by YouTube - which had 150 million viewers watching 13 billion videos for an average of 419 minutes per viewer during September.
The closest to Google Sites was Yahoo, albeit quite a long way behind. It registered 57 million viewers and 498 million videos watched for an average of 49 minutes per viewer.
As for online video ads, comScore reports almost 9.5 million were seen in September and that over half the population of the U.S. saw a video ad. In fact, comScore's data says that a viewer saw somewhere around 64 video ads across the month.
Again, no prizes for guessing where the most ad views took place - Google Sites - with over 1.7 billion video ad views.
- Snapchat beats Facebook for daily video views
- Global study reveals 'authenticity deficit' among brands
- Report: Video is video regardless of screen
- Study: US mobile app experience low
- Top 4 tips to succeed at Mother's Day email
- Ad Roundup: New solutions for personalization, collaboration
- How brands can better manage social
- How data impacts marketing automation
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...