News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Record numbers of online videos viewed in U.S. during September
More video content was viewed online in September than ever before, according to the latest data released from comScore's Video Metrix.
Internet users watch over 39 billion online content videos during the month of September, cruising past the record of 27 billion in August, 2012.
No prizes for guessing who dominated the rankings - Google Sites, driven by YouTube - which had 150 million viewers watching 13 billion videos for an average of 419 minutes per viewer during September.
The closest to Google Sites was Yahoo, albeit quite a long way behind. It registered 57 million viewers and 498 million videos watched for an average of 49 minutes per viewer.
As for online video ads, comScore reports almost 9.5 million were seen in September and that over half the population of the U.S. saw a video ad. In fact, comScore's data says that a viewer saw somewhere around 64 video ads across the month.
Again, no prizes for guessing where the most ad views took place - Google Sites - with over 1.7 billion video ad views.
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
- Facebook trials 'Buy' button within advertisers' posts and ads
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...