News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Record numbers of online videos viewed in U.S. during September
More video content was viewed online in September than ever before, according to the latest data released from comScore's Video Metrix.
Internet users watch over 39 billion online content videos during the month of September, cruising past the record of 27 billion in August, 2012.
No prizes for guessing who dominated the rankings - Google Sites, driven by YouTube - which had 150 million viewers watching 13 billion videos for an average of 419 minutes per viewer during September.
The closest to Google Sites was Yahoo, albeit quite a long way behind. It registered 57 million viewers and 498 million videos watched for an average of 49 minutes per viewer.
As for online video ads, comScore reports almost 9.5 million were seen in September and that over half the population of the U.S. saw a video ad. In fact, comScore's data says that a viewer saw somewhere around 64 video ads across the month.
Again, no prizes for guessing where the most ad views took place - Google Sites - with over 1.7 billion video ad views.
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...