News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Record numbers of online videos viewed in U.S. during September
More video content was viewed online in September than ever before, according to the latest data released from comScore's Video Metrix.
Internet users watch over 39 billion online content videos during the month of September, cruising past the record of 27 billion in August, 2012.
No prizes for guessing who dominated the rankings - Google Sites, driven by YouTube - which had 150 million viewers watching 13 billion videos for an average of 419 minutes per viewer during September.
The closest to Google Sites was Yahoo, albeit quite a long way behind. It registered 57 million viewers and 498 million videos watched for an average of 49 minutes per viewer.
As for online video ads, comScore reports almost 9.5 million were seen in September and that over half the population of the U.S. saw a video ad. In fact, comScore's data says that a viewer saw somewhere around 64 video ads across the month.
Again, no prizes for guessing where the most ad views took place - Google Sites - with over 1.7 billion video ad views.
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...