News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Qumu: Video users want more support
When it comes to viewing online video, slow upload times and skipping content are big problems, especially for professional users. In fact, new data from Qumu finds that 94% of in-app video viewers want more support for video while more than half (58%) would like to see faster uploads.
Upload times, especially for professional/business users, are perhaps the biggest takeaway as 92% said productivity is impacted when uploads/performance is slow.
The SharePoint User Survey found that more than half of SharePoint users want better video support and live streaming support while about one-third were looking for category/video management support, collaboration software and the ability to link related documents with video content.
"These results demonstrate the increasing demand for video collaboration in SharePoint," said Ray Hood, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Qumu. "Frankly it's no surprise to us, as a large percentage of our customer base uses our video solution for SharePoint. We see it as the best way to dramatically improve employee collaboration in SharePoint."
Other interesting findings include:
• 63% (business users) want better access to training video content
• Half would like to see better video organization
• 47% want more employee collaboration options while 45% want the ability to contact experts
The Qumu platform is a business-based platform helping brands engage and train employees through video. Through the offering brands can create and distribute video content to employees through live and on-demand content options.
The survey was conducted by uSamp on behalf of Qumu; 500 users of Microsoft SharePoint were questioned about video options.
- Millennials losing faith in traditional banks, trust tech firms more
- Report finds 'last mile' issues continue to dismay consumers
- Consumer satisfaction with mobile commerce falling
- YouTube wants agencies to learn from their top creators
- Search marketing taking back seat as proving ROI challenging
- Study: Video big influencer for some voters
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships underscore importance of connection
- Study: Digital driving calls to businesses
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...