News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Qumu: Video users want more support
When it comes to viewing online video, slow upload times and skipping content are big problems, especially for professional users. In fact, new data from Qumu finds that 94% of in-app video viewers want more support for video while more than half (58%) would like to see faster uploads.
Upload times, especially for professional/business users, are perhaps the biggest takeaway as 92% said productivity is impacted when uploads/performance is slow.
The SharePoint User Survey found that more than half of SharePoint users want better video support and live streaming support while about one-third were looking for category/video management support, collaboration software and the ability to link related documents with video content.
"These results demonstrate the increasing demand for video collaboration in SharePoint," said Ray Hood, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Qumu. "Frankly it's no surprise to us, as a large percentage of our customer base uses our video solution for SharePoint. We see it as the best way to dramatically improve employee collaboration in SharePoint."
Other interesting findings include:
• 63% (business users) want better access to training video content
• Half would like to see better video organization
• 47% want more employee collaboration options while 45% want the ability to contact experts
The Qumu platform is a business-based platform helping brands engage and train employees through video. Through the offering brands can create and distribute video content to employees through live and on-demand content options.
The survey was conducted by uSamp on behalf of Qumu; 500 users of Microsoft SharePoint were questioned about video options.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...