News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Over half of consumers happy with volume of email marketing
Email marketers appear to be getting their email volumes just right, according to new research from consumer email marketing management firm Blue Kangeroo, although many find trawling through their inbox a chore.
According to Blue Kangaroo's survey (.pdf) of 1,090 U.S. adults, over a third are "very interested" in receiving email communications from their preferred brands.
Furthermore, over half (54%) feel they are getting the right volume of marketing messages each week.
However, Blue Kangaroo's August marketing emails study found many consumers feel going through marketing emails they receive somewhat of a chore. Thirty-seven percent of respondents said that marketing emails made up around 20% of their weekly email volume and for 26% marketing messages, sales alerts and daily deals emails made up 50% of their weekly inbox volume.
Four in ten respondents said that inbox clutter "occasionally" meant they overlooked deals they would have liked to have taken up. For 37% it takes between 10 and 30 minutes per week to browse through marketing emails.
"Knowing your customers well becomes of utmost importance, not only because you want them to act on your offer, but because the possibility that they will act on the offer of your competitor is very, very real," Blue Kangaroo Chief Executive Nick Weir told ClickZ. "Email marketers must find a smart way to get their messages seen in the email clutter consumers experience."
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...