News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Over half of consumers happy with volume of email marketing
Email marketers appear to be getting their email volumes just right, according to new research from consumer email marketing management firm Blue Kangeroo, although many find trawling through their inbox a chore.
According to Blue Kangaroo's survey (.pdf) of 1,090 U.S. adults, over a third are "very interested" in receiving email communications from their preferred brands.
Furthermore, over half (54%) feel they are getting the right volume of marketing messages each week.
However, Blue Kangaroo's August marketing emails study found many consumers feel going through marketing emails they receive somewhat of a chore. Thirty-seven percent of respondents said that marketing emails made up around 20% of their weekly email volume and for 26% marketing messages, sales alerts and daily deals emails made up 50% of their weekly inbox volume.
Four in ten respondents said that inbox clutter "occasionally" meant they overlooked deals they would have liked to have taken up. For 37% it takes between 10 and 30 minutes per week to browse through marketing emails.
"Knowing your customers well becomes of utmost importance, not only because you want them to act on your offer, but because the possibility that they will act on the offer of your competitor is very, very real," Blue Kangaroo Chief Executive Nick Weir told ClickZ. "Email marketers must find a smart way to get their messages seen in the email clutter consumers experience."
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...