News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Over half of consumers happy with volume of email marketing
Email marketers appear to be getting their email volumes just right, according to new research from consumer email marketing management firm Blue Kangeroo, although many find trawling through their inbox a chore.
According to Blue Kangaroo's survey (.pdf) of 1,090 U.S. adults, over a third are "very interested" in receiving email communications from their preferred brands.
Furthermore, over half (54%) feel they are getting the right volume of marketing messages each week.
However, Blue Kangaroo's August marketing emails study found many consumers feel going through marketing emails they receive somewhat of a chore. Thirty-seven percent of respondents said that marketing emails made up around 20% of their weekly email volume and for 26% marketing messages, sales alerts and daily deals emails made up 50% of their weekly inbox volume.
Four in ten respondents said that inbox clutter "occasionally" meant they overlooked deals they would have liked to have taken up. For 37% it takes between 10 and 30 minutes per week to browse through marketing emails.
"Knowing your customers well becomes of utmost importance, not only because you want them to act on your offer, but because the possibility that they will act on the offer of your competitor is very, very real," Blue Kangaroo Chief Executive Nick Weir told ClickZ. "Email marketers must find a smart way to get their messages seen in the email clutter consumers experience."
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...