News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Over half of consumers happy with volume of email marketing
Email marketers appear to be getting their email volumes just right, according to new research from consumer email marketing management firm Blue Kangeroo, although many find trawling through their inbox a chore.
According to Blue Kangaroo's survey (.pdf) of 1,090 U.S. adults, over a third are "very interested" in receiving email communications from their preferred brands.
Furthermore, over half (54%) feel they are getting the right volume of marketing messages each week.
However, Blue Kangaroo's August marketing emails study found many consumers feel going through marketing emails they receive somewhat of a chore. Thirty-seven percent of respondents said that marketing emails made up around 20% of their weekly email volume and for 26% marketing messages, sales alerts and daily deals emails made up 50% of their weekly inbox volume.
Four in ten respondents said that inbox clutter "occasionally" meant they overlooked deals they would have liked to have taken up. For 37% it takes between 10 and 30 minutes per week to browse through marketing emails.
"Knowing your customers well becomes of utmost importance, not only because you want them to act on your offer, but because the possibility that they will act on the offer of your competitor is very, very real," Blue Kangaroo Chief Executive Nick Weir told ClickZ. "Email marketers must find a smart way to get their messages seen in the email clutter consumers experience."
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
- Expert: How to better leverage content via mobile
- Blogs play an important role in the path to purchase
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....