News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Over half of Australian retailers have no online channel
Maybe it's the heat, but recent stats from Experian reveal that Australia is being sluggish when it comes to getting businesses online and tapping into social media.
According to Experian's study, "Retail in Australia: It's Time to Embrace the Digital Future", over half (53%) of retailers in Australia don't have an online sales channel, despite two-thirds admitting that international online retailers have affected their business. In fact, a third of the 30 top retail websites used by Australians are based outside of Australia.
Speaking at an MYOB event, Stephen Conroy, Australia's minister for broadband, communications and the digital economy, warned retailers that that they will "struggle to survive" in today's world without an online presence.
Despite consumers' love of social, Australian retailers aren't paying heed. A whopping 62% of retailers in the country don't yet have a Facebook Page, over half (54%) don't use Twitter and Pinterest holds no interest for 72%.
"Whether Australian retailers are ready or not, the local retail landscape has irrevocably changed. From 'bricks and mortar' to 'bricks and clicks' to purely 'e-tail', consumers are demanding more from traditional retailers and there are significant risks for those who do not to keep up with the pace of change," said Matt Glasner, General Manager of Experian Marketing Services.
- Retailers failing to maximize use of social shopping websites
- Retail websites' home pages failing to load fast enough
- U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
Featured White Papers
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...