News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Over half of Australian retailers have no online channel
Maybe it's the heat, but recent stats from Experian reveal that Australia is being sluggish when it comes to getting businesses online and tapping into social media.
According to Experian's study, "Retail in Australia: It's Time to Embrace the Digital Future", over half (53%) of retailers in Australia don't have an online sales channel, despite two-thirds admitting that international online retailers have affected their business. In fact, a third of the 30 top retail websites used by Australians are based outside of Australia.
Speaking at an MYOB event, Stephen Conroy, Australia's minister for broadband, communications and the digital economy, warned retailers that that they will "struggle to survive" in today's world without an online presence.
Despite consumers' love of social, Australian retailers aren't paying heed. A whopping 62% of retailers in the country don't yet have a Facebook Page, over half (54%) don't use Twitter and Pinterest holds no interest for 72%.
"Whether Australian retailers are ready or not, the local retail landscape has irrevocably changed. From 'bricks and mortar' to 'bricks and clicks' to purely 'e-tail', consumers are demanding more from traditional retailers and there are significant risks for those who do not to keep up with the pace of change," said Matt Glasner, General Manager of Experian Marketing Services.
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
- Top place for UK mobile shoppers is in bed
- Big brands found using 'dark UX' methods
- Video Roundup: New formats mean new opportunities
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...