News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Over 43% of UK advertisers to increase mobile and online video ad budgets
Over 4 in 10 media buyers and top decision makers at UK advertising agencies say spending on mobile and online video will be increased next year, but many also want to see stronger success metrics.
UK ad budgets for mobile and online will increase again next year. While 31.1% of the advertisers that responded to Brightroll's latest survey thought mobile display would attract the largest increase in 2013, 20.8% said mobile video and 22.6% said online video.
You only have to look at the UK audience figures to understand why mobile and online video is attracting advertising dollars. According to comScore, more than eight out of 10 (83%) online Brits watch online video, of which 65% is exposed to video ads each month.
"As consumers watch more video online, and with the demonstrated shift towards mobile, UK advertisers realize the opportunity video provides to reach audiences where they are increasingly engaged," says Brightroll in a recent announcement.
According to Brightroll's "2012 UK Video Advertising Report", of which the survey was a part, 29% of respondents would allocate more budget to digital video ads if success metrics were stronger. The metric currently used by 31% of the advertisers is 'views', but many want to see television metrics being used. Currently, just 8% prefer to use Gross Rating Point (GRP) metrics, but 22% want research to be done around the GRP comparison to television.
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
- Online Reviews: Consumers seeing stars, not content
- Amazon proposes 'drone zones'
- Google adds business foot-traffic data to search
- 15% of Americans do not use the Internet
- By 2020, wearables will account for one-fifth of mobile transactions
- Brands: How to use programmatic TV buys to your advantage
- Top 3 tips that will help you use location more accurately
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...