News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Over 43% of UK advertisers to increase mobile and online video ad budgets
Over 4 in 10 media buyers and top decision makers at UK advertising agencies say spending on mobile and online video will be increased next year, but many also want to see stronger success metrics.
UK ad budgets for mobile and online will increase again next year. While 31.1% of the advertisers that responded to Brightroll's latest survey thought mobile display would attract the largest increase in 2013, 20.8% said mobile video and 22.6% said online video.
You only have to look at the UK audience figures to understand why mobile and online video is attracting advertising dollars. According to comScore, more than eight out of 10 (83%) online Brits watch online video, of which 65% is exposed to video ads each month.
"As consumers watch more video online, and with the demonstrated shift towards mobile, UK advertisers realize the opportunity video provides to reach audiences where they are increasingly engaged," says Brightroll in a recent announcement.
According to Brightroll's "2012 UK Video Advertising Report", of which the survey was a part, 29% of respondents would allocate more budget to digital video ads if success metrics were stronger. The metric currently used by 31% of the advertisers is 'views', but many want to see television metrics being used. Currently, just 8% prefer to use Gross Rating Point (GRP) metrics, but 22% want research to be done around the GRP comparison to television.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...