News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Over 43% of UK advertisers to increase mobile and online video ad budgets
Over 4 in 10 media buyers and top decision makers at UK advertising agencies say spending on mobile and online video will be increased next year, but many also want to see stronger success metrics.
UK ad budgets for mobile and online will increase again next year. While 31.1% of the advertisers that responded to Brightroll's latest survey thought mobile display would attract the largest increase in 2013, 20.8% said mobile video and 22.6% said online video.
You only have to look at the UK audience figures to understand why mobile and online video is attracting advertising dollars. According to comScore, more than eight out of 10 (83%) online Brits watch online video, of which 65% is exposed to video ads each month.
"As consumers watch more video online, and with the demonstrated shift towards mobile, UK advertisers realize the opportunity video provides to reach audiences where they are increasingly engaged," says Brightroll in a recent announcement.
According to Brightroll's "2012 UK Video Advertising Report", of which the survey was a part, 29% of respondents would allocate more budget to digital video ads if success metrics were stronger. The metric currently used by 31% of the advertisers is 'views', but many want to see television metrics being used. Currently, just 8% prefer to use Gross Rating Point (GRP) metrics, but 22% want research to be done around the GRP comparison to television.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...