News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Optimal makes Audience Matrix public
Getting a handle on your social audience just got a little bit simpler. Beginning today Optimal's Audience Matrix is available for public use. The platform is set up to help brands better identify customers so that the right message can reach the right social media user at the right time.
For example, Optimal's iPhone 5 Audience Matrix on Facebook identifies which user groups are most likely to use iPhone 5 - which can tell advertisers how to engage through the mobile space. Their data shows iPhone 5's gender base is 59% Male and 41% Female and that the average user is under age 35. This demographic is known to like tech products and that they are likely to have small children at home. So, for brands, it would make sense for tech or even apparel brands to their message to these devices.
Other interesting findings about iPhone 5 include:
• Top keyword for the Electronics category was #App Store
• Top keyword for the Computer category included #Apple
• Top TV series Keyword was #30 Rock
• Top Automotive keyword was #Lexus
"Our expanded social analytics help advertisers and agencies take full advantage of the immense new targeting opportunities offered by the Facebook advertising platform. Audience Matrix complements new Facebook products such as Custom Audiences and Mobile News Feed ads by providing our clients detailed insights though our platform," said Rob Leathern, founder and CEO of Optimal, Inc.
"Optimal has given new meaning and insight into the Facebook members we'd never reach without tools like the Optimal Audience Matrix and Keyword Expander," said Larry Weintraub, CEO of leading social media marketing agency Fanscape. Ilya Vedrashko, Senior VP of R&D, Director of Consumer Intelligence for Hill-Holliday added: "Anyone serious about growing their customer base should be looking at this data."
As for search results within Facebook, iPhone 5 users were most found to search for brands include UPS, New York Yankees, Samsung (camera) and the Audi V8.
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
- Facebook enables ad targeting by connection speed
- UK: Lousy public holiday weather drives take-out food search surge
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...