News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
nRelate: How to engage content consumers
When it comes to reading newspapers and magazines a growing number of Americans are reading online. But it may surprise content producers to know where readers are finding their stories - and it isn't the social space.
According to The Behavior Shift: Getting Content in Front of Consumers fewer than 10% of content consumers (US adults over age 18) are clicking on content links through social networks like Facebook or on product links through the social networks. In fact most (48%) say they are most likely to click on 'related content' links at the bottom of other articles.
With fewer people clicking and engaging through search or social options, how can a brand engage?
First, know what these readers are looking for. According to the report 84% are likely to click on 'related content' when reading local news, 62% when reading entertainment pieces and 47% when reading sports content.
Second, focus on quality of content not quantity. The researchers found 60% of people engage through content from sourced they know offline - a newspaper, a manufacturer or brand - while one-quarter believe pieces which include images (24%) or author images/bylines (23%) are of higher quality. Interestingly enough only 11% looked at embedded video as a quality feature.
Finally, don't forget the relevance. For branded content, especially, consumers are most likely to click related links for content that is related to a product search or review - for example, someone looking at a piece detailing the benefits of 3D Blu-Ray versus HD Blu-Ray players would probably find movie-related content relevant.
- Survey: Phablets fastest growing mobile device
- Brands: How content should change your mobile strategy
- In-store sales down for Valentines finds report
- Top 3 tips for non-profits to succeed in digital
- Ad RoundUp: Partnerships increase ad support across channels
- Report: Fraud, conversions linked to traffic numbers
- Mobile Roundup: New solutions, partnerships to help mobile brands
- Expert: Non-Profits can thrive in the online space
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...