News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New platform promises social amplification
It's simple enough to set up social profiles for businesses but getting shoppers to not only like but to engage with the content? A much bigger issue. That is where Plyfe comes in - the platform is set up to help amplify social profiles, and now comes in mobile-friendly formats.
The mobile marketplace continues to expand globally; according to data from eMarketer mobile ads will push to nearly $6.5 billion this year.
The Plyfe platform uses rewards for consumer participation with business profiles. Now, they've launched a mobile platform, which allows branded/partner games to be played across mobile screens, extending the reach of these types of campaigns.
"With the growth and interest in mobile advertising, our extension into the mobile web is a huge step forward for us in being able to extend our partner programs," Jeff Arbour, co-founder and CMO of Plyfe said. "Now any advertiser investing in mobile media has a proven destination to drive consumer engagement, and establish a more powerful connection than many of the brochure-wear sites that offer very little in the way of snackable consumer content."
The gaming aspect is available via website, social network apps and now across mobile screens or can be embedded into branded smartphone apps.
From a consumer standpoint, the rewards offered through games result in winning prizes like celebrity meet-and-greets, back stage passes at concerts and other high-end options - giving consumers bigger reasons to play and continue playing.
Along with the mobile set-up, Plyfe is partnering with DermStore and HaulerDeals as well as the United Nation Foundation to power social campaigns and offer more rewards to loyal users.
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...