News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New Facebook tool tracks ad-driven consumer activity
At the end of this week, Facebook will begin the roll out of a new tool for retailers that will enable the tracking of purchases, or other desirable actions, by users who have viewed their ads.
For a long time, retailers on the social network have been asking for a conversion measurement tool. Later this week that request will be answered.
The new tool, currently in beta, is part of Facebook's Optimized CPM bidding system and Facebook marketers can set up the system from within the Ad Manager page using a simple piece of code. That code can be added to any page, such as checkout, after which the measurement tool recognizes when the checkout page of a website is loaded by a customer who has previously clicked on a Facebook ad.
"This is not click-through-based, it's action-based, and the advertiser determines what the action is--add to cart, registration page, checkout page," David Baser, Facebook product manager, told Direct Marketing News.
There's an added benefit for advertisers. Data gleaned from the measurement tool, which is anonymous, can be used to tailor future ad campaigns to specific segments.
Fab.com has already tested the new tool and made savings of 39% on customer acquisition, claims Facebook. According to Facebook a conversion can be anything from a completed sale to any other desired action taken such as registering for a newsletter or viewing product information.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...