News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New Facebook tool tracks ad-driven consumer activity
At the end of this week, Facebook will begin the roll out of a new tool for retailers that will enable the tracking of purchases, or other desirable actions, by users who have viewed their ads.
For a long time, retailers on the social network have been asking for a conversion measurement tool. Later this week that request will be answered.
The new tool, currently in beta, is part of Facebook's Optimized CPM bidding system and Facebook marketers can set up the system from within the Ad Manager page using a simple piece of code. That code can be added to any page, such as checkout, after which the measurement tool recognizes when the checkout page of a website is loaded by a customer who has previously clicked on a Facebook ad.
"This is not click-through-based, it's action-based, and the advertiser determines what the action is--add to cart, registration page, checkout page," David Baser, Facebook product manager, told Direct Marketing News.
There's an added benefit for advertisers. Data gleaned from the measurement tool, which is anonymous, can be used to tailor future ad campaigns to specific segments.
Fab.com has already tested the new tool and made savings of 39% on customer acquisition, claims Facebook. According to Facebook a conversion can be anything from a completed sale to any other desired action taken such as registering for a newsletter or viewing product information.
- Report: Biggest engagement not happening Black Friday/Cyber Monday
- Expert: How to determine what goes in a subscription box
- Expert IDs how retailers can make more this holiday
- Time spent using apps on the rise
- Christmas Day the busiest for mobile
- Delivery options determine where online shoppers will shop
- Expert: Why brands should consider the subscription box
- Retail trends to watch for 2017
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...