News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Multimedia content in press releases increases visibility tenfold
Analysis of press release data by PR Newswire reveals that multimedia content is essential to increase visibility and that, by simply adding an image to a text-only release, visibility can be increased 1.8 times.
In this day and age you would think that press releases would contain rather more than just plain text, but more often than not this is not the case. Yet, by adding basic elements such as images or video, visibility can be increased significantly.
According to PR Newswire's latest analysis of their press release data, adding an image to a text-only press release increases visibility by 1.8 times. Adding video to a text-only press release has even more of an impact, increasing the number of 4.3 times.
Put images and video in a press release and the number of eyeballs it will attract goes up even further - 7.4 times.
When PR Newswire looked at releases that included images and video plus an additional layer of content, such as downloadable files, visibility was driven up a whopping 9.7 times.
"The press release you write to communicate with key media will also be seen by bloggers, analysts, employees and customers - both current and prospective," writes Sarah Skerik, PR Newswire's vice president of social media, on the company blog. "Including multimedia content that captures and focuses attention on your message will give your content real competitive advantage in today's crowded information marketplace."
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...