News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Multimedia content in press releases increases visibility tenfold
Analysis of press release data by PR Newswire reveals that multimedia content is essential to increase visibility and that, by simply adding an image to a text-only release, visibility can be increased 1.8 times.
In this day and age you would think that press releases would contain rather more than just plain text, but more often than not this is not the case. Yet, by adding basic elements such as images or video, visibility can be increased significantly.
According to PR Newswire's latest analysis of their press release data, adding an image to a text-only press release increases visibility by 1.8 times. Adding video to a text-only press release has even more of an impact, increasing the number of 4.3 times.
Put images and video in a press release and the number of eyeballs it will attract goes up even further - 7.4 times.
When PR Newswire looked at releases that included images and video plus an additional layer of content, such as downloadable files, visibility was driven up a whopping 9.7 times.
"The press release you write to communicate with key media will also be seen by bloggers, analysts, employees and customers - both current and prospective," writes Sarah Skerik, PR Newswire's vice president of social media, on the company blog. "Including multimedia content that captures and focuses attention on your message will give your content real competitive advantage in today's crowded information marketplace."
- Report: Fraud, conversions linked to traffic numbers
- Mobile Roundup: New solutions, partnerships to help mobile brands
- Expert: Non-Profits can thrive in the online space
- Mobile Roundup: Mobile wallets upping the retail ante
- Report: US, UK users vulnerable because of passwords
- Study: Images linked to email success
- Millennial Media: Video increases engagement
- UK brands fail to improve customer service response rates
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...