News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Multimedia content in press releases increases visibility tenfold
Analysis of press release data by PR Newswire reveals that multimedia content is essential to increase visibility and that, by simply adding an image to a text-only release, visibility can be increased 1.8 times.
In this day and age you would think that press releases would contain rather more than just plain text, but more often than not this is not the case. Yet, by adding basic elements such as images or video, visibility can be increased significantly.
According to PR Newswire's latest analysis of their press release data, adding an image to a text-only press release increases visibility by 1.8 times. Adding video to a text-only press release has even more of an impact, increasing the number of 4.3 times.
Put images and video in a press release and the number of eyeballs it will attract goes up even further - 7.4 times.
When PR Newswire looked at releases that included images and video plus an additional layer of content, such as downloadable files, visibility was driven up a whopping 9.7 times.
"The press release you write to communicate with key media will also be seen by bloggers, analysts, employees and customers - both current and prospective," writes Sarah Skerik, PR Newswire's vice president of social media, on the company blog. "Including multimedia content that captures and focuses attention on your message will give your content real competitive advantage in today's crowded information marketplace."
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...