News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Multimedia content in press releases increases visibility tenfold
Analysis of press release data by PR Newswire reveals that multimedia content is essential to increase visibility and that, by simply adding an image to a text-only release, visibility can be increased 1.8 times.
In this day and age you would think that press releases would contain rather more than just plain text, but more often than not this is not the case. Yet, by adding basic elements such as images or video, visibility can be increased significantly.
According to PR Newswire's latest analysis of their press release data, adding an image to a text-only press release increases visibility by 1.8 times. Adding video to a text-only press release has even more of an impact, increasing the number of 4.3 times.
Put images and video in a press release and the number of eyeballs it will attract goes up even further - 7.4 times.
When PR Newswire looked at releases that included images and video plus an additional layer of content, such as downloadable files, visibility was driven up a whopping 9.7 times.
"The press release you write to communicate with key media will also be seen by bloggers, analysts, employees and customers - both current and prospective," writes Sarah Skerik, PR Newswire's vice president of social media, on the company blog. "Including multimedia content that captures and focuses attention on your message will give your content real competitive advantage in today's crowded information marketplace."
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...