News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Multimedia content in press releases increases visibility tenfold
Analysis of press release data by PR Newswire reveals that multimedia content is essential to increase visibility and that, by simply adding an image to a text-only release, visibility can be increased 1.8 times.
In this day and age you would think that press releases would contain rather more than just plain text, but more often than not this is not the case. Yet, by adding basic elements such as images or video, visibility can be increased significantly.
According to PR Newswire's latest analysis of their press release data, adding an image to a text-only press release increases visibility by 1.8 times. Adding video to a text-only press release has even more of an impact, increasing the number of 4.3 times.
Put images and video in a press release and the number of eyeballs it will attract goes up even further - 7.4 times.
When PR Newswire looked at releases that included images and video plus an additional layer of content, such as downloadable files, visibility was driven up a whopping 9.7 times.
"The press release you write to communicate with key media will also be seen by bloggers, analysts, employees and customers - both current and prospective," writes Sarah Skerik, PR Newswire's vice president of social media, on the company blog. "Including multimedia content that captures and focuses attention on your message will give your content real competitive advantage in today's crowded information marketplace."
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...