News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Millennial Media: Non-connected device impressions up 6%
While tablets aren't exactly taking over the mobile space, their usage is steadily climbing according to new data out from Millennial Media. Their November Media Mix report shows ad impressions for non-connected devices - including tablets and e-readers - are up 6% YoY, to make up nearly 20% of sector.
While smartphones continue to lead impressions in the mobile space, tablets are catching up and in some sectors taking over. Data out from Millennial Media finds that smartphones deliver about 3 in every 4 ad impressions and tablets for 1 in every 5. The top tablets were the iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Amazon's Kindle Fire.
Some interesting trends on the Millennial Media platform include:
• Mobile impressions increased 1200% after the iOS 6 release
• 75% of mobile ad impressions were from smartphones, 5% from feature phones
• 20% of impressions results from tablets, e-readers, etc
• 52% of impressions came from Android devices, 15 of the top 20 devices were Android-based
Meanwhile, tablet users are beginning to set themselves apart. While consumers are shopping across devices, tablet consumers are most likely to consume 'traditional' content - like newspaper or magazine articles - on their devices. Nearly 40% of tablet consumers read this content each month.
As for the apps capturing consumers' interest, games continue to top the list but productivity apps are gaining ground, an indicator that tablets are seen as more than toys to most users. Productivity and Tools entered the Top 10 (#5) for the first time in Q3 2012; meanwhile apps delivering content - sports and communications, specifically - also ranked in the top 10. Weather and news, however dropped lower on the list (#8 and #9).
- How to use your CTA to drive email conversions
- Expert: How to improve personalization strategy
- How to use payments as a marketing tool
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...