News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Millennial Media: Non-connected device impressions up 6%
While tablets aren't exactly taking over the mobile space, their usage is steadily climbing according to new data out from Millennial Media. Their November Media Mix report shows ad impressions for non-connected devices - including tablets and e-readers - are up 6% YoY, to make up nearly 20% of sector.
While smartphones continue to lead impressions in the mobile space, tablets are catching up and in some sectors taking over. Data out from Millennial Media finds that smartphones deliver about 3 in every 4 ad impressions and tablets for 1 in every 5. The top tablets were the iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Amazon's Kindle Fire.
Some interesting trends on the Millennial Media platform include:
• Mobile impressions increased 1200% after the iOS 6 release
• 75% of mobile ad impressions were from smartphones, 5% from feature phones
• 20% of impressions results from tablets, e-readers, etc
• 52% of impressions came from Android devices, 15 of the top 20 devices were Android-based
Meanwhile, tablet users are beginning to set themselves apart. While consumers are shopping across devices, tablet consumers are most likely to consume 'traditional' content - like newspaper or magazine articles - on their devices. Nearly 40% of tablet consumers read this content each month.
As for the apps capturing consumers' interest, games continue to top the list but productivity apps are gaining ground, an indicator that tablets are seen as more than toys to most users. Productivity and Tools entered the Top 10 (#5) for the first time in Q3 2012; meanwhile apps delivering content - sports and communications, specifically - also ranked in the top 10. Weather and news, however dropped lower on the list (#8 and #9).
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....