News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
inPowered release amplifies expert opinions
For brands, finding experts in the online space is hard. Finding experts who have a large reach into the consumer base and whose opinions are listened to by those consumers is even harder. The new inPowered release amplifies these expert opinions about the brand or its products through earned media.
"Marketers have always known that word-of-mouth or earned media has been the most impactful form of influencing purchase consideration as it comes from people we trust," said Peyman Nilforoush, CEO and co-founder, inPowered. "Advertising reaches the masses but lacks credibility and influence as people are increasingly bombarded with a tsunami of ad messages. inPowered takes trusted content about your brand and amplifies it, thus influencing consumer behavior."
inPowered works much the same as sponsored stories on the Facebook social network - endorsements from an expert are used to create ad content that is engaging to friends, acquaintances and other followers. The platform uses recommendations, reviews and other brand-centric content to create the ads which are promoted across platforms and social channels.
"inPowered plays a critical role in our advertising strategy; it is the key tool for amplifying our message," said Peggy Ang, vice president of marketing of Samsung. "We might have thousands of articles online, but inPowered tells us the top 10 stories that people are reading, and then amplifies them to the wider network. The measurement functionality enables us to devise a strategy for communicating the right message that resonates with consumers."
The platform is self-managed so the brand determines which social network posts or other content are used to create the ad content. According to a recent Marketing Evolution report the use of 'expert' commentary can increase purchase intent four times higher than standard online ads and can increase ROI up to 14 times higher.
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...