News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
inPowered release amplifies expert opinions
For brands, finding experts in the online space is hard. Finding experts who have a large reach into the consumer base and whose opinions are listened to by those consumers is even harder. The new inPowered release amplifies these expert opinions about the brand or its products through earned media.
"Marketers have always known that word-of-mouth or earned media has been the most impactful form of influencing purchase consideration as it comes from people we trust," said Peyman Nilforoush, CEO and co-founder, inPowered. "Advertising reaches the masses but lacks credibility and influence as people are increasingly bombarded with a tsunami of ad messages. inPowered takes trusted content about your brand and amplifies it, thus influencing consumer behavior."
inPowered works much the same as sponsored stories on the Facebook social network - endorsements from an expert are used to create ad content that is engaging to friends, acquaintances and other followers. The platform uses recommendations, reviews and other brand-centric content to create the ads which are promoted across platforms and social channels.
"inPowered plays a critical role in our advertising strategy; it is the key tool for amplifying our message," said Peggy Ang, vice president of marketing of Samsung. "We might have thousands of articles online, but inPowered tells us the top 10 stories that people are reading, and then amplifies them to the wider network. The measurement functionality enables us to devise a strategy for communicating the right message that resonates with consumers."
The platform is self-managed so the brand determines which social network posts or other content are used to create the ad content. According to a recent Marketing Evolution report the use of 'expert' commentary can increase purchase intent four times higher than standard online ads and can increase ROI up to 14 times higher.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...