News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
inPowered release amplifies expert opinions
For brands, finding experts in the online space is hard. Finding experts who have a large reach into the consumer base and whose opinions are listened to by those consumers is even harder. The new inPowered release amplifies these expert opinions about the brand or its products through earned media.
"Marketers have always known that word-of-mouth or earned media has been the most impactful form of influencing purchase consideration as it comes from people we trust," said Peyman Nilforoush, CEO and co-founder, inPowered. "Advertising reaches the masses but lacks credibility and influence as people are increasingly bombarded with a tsunami of ad messages. inPowered takes trusted content about your brand and amplifies it, thus influencing consumer behavior."
inPowered works much the same as sponsored stories on the Facebook social network - endorsements from an expert are used to create ad content that is engaging to friends, acquaintances and other followers. The platform uses recommendations, reviews and other brand-centric content to create the ads which are promoted across platforms and social channels.
"inPowered plays a critical role in our advertising strategy; it is the key tool for amplifying our message," said Peggy Ang, vice president of marketing of Samsung. "We might have thousands of articles online, but inPowered tells us the top 10 stories that people are reading, and then amplifies them to the wider network. The measurement functionality enables us to devise a strategy for communicating the right message that resonates with consumers."
The platform is self-managed so the brand determines which social network posts or other content are used to create the ad content. According to a recent Marketing Evolution report the use of 'expert' commentary can increase purchase intent four times higher than standard online ads and can increase ROI up to 14 times higher.
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
- Marketing spend on social to rise from 11% to a quarter of budget
- Checking email chews up 6.3 hours per day
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...