News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
inPowered release amplifies expert opinions
For brands, finding experts in the online space is hard. Finding experts who have a large reach into the consumer base and whose opinions are listened to by those consumers is even harder. The new inPowered release amplifies these expert opinions about the brand or its products through earned media.
"Marketers have always known that word-of-mouth or earned media has been the most impactful form of influencing purchase consideration as it comes from people we trust," said Peyman Nilforoush, CEO and co-founder, inPowered. "Advertising reaches the masses but lacks credibility and influence as people are increasingly bombarded with a tsunami of ad messages. inPowered takes trusted content about your brand and amplifies it, thus influencing consumer behavior."
inPowered works much the same as sponsored stories on the Facebook social network - endorsements from an expert are used to create ad content that is engaging to friends, acquaintances and other followers. The platform uses recommendations, reviews and other brand-centric content to create the ads which are promoted across platforms and social channels.
"inPowered plays a critical role in our advertising strategy; it is the key tool for amplifying our message," said Peggy Ang, vice president of marketing of Samsung. "We might have thousands of articles online, but inPowered tells us the top 10 stories that people are reading, and then amplifies them to the wider network. The measurement functionality enables us to devise a strategy for communicating the right message that resonates with consumers."
The platform is self-managed so the brand determines which social network posts or other content are used to create the ad content. According to a recent Marketing Evolution report the use of 'expert' commentary can increase purchase intent four times higher than standard online ads and can increase ROI up to 14 times higher.
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...