News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
inPowered release amplifies expert opinions
For brands, finding experts in the online space is hard. Finding experts who have a large reach into the consumer base and whose opinions are listened to by those consumers is even harder. The new inPowered release amplifies these expert opinions about the brand or its products through earned media.
"Marketers have always known that word-of-mouth or earned media has been the most impactful form of influencing purchase consideration as it comes from people we trust," said Peyman Nilforoush, CEO and co-founder, inPowered. "Advertising reaches the masses but lacks credibility and influence as people are increasingly bombarded with a tsunami of ad messages. inPowered takes trusted content about your brand and amplifies it, thus influencing consumer behavior."
inPowered works much the same as sponsored stories on the Facebook social network - endorsements from an expert are used to create ad content that is engaging to friends, acquaintances and other followers. The platform uses recommendations, reviews and other brand-centric content to create the ads which are promoted across platforms and social channels.
"inPowered plays a critical role in our advertising strategy; it is the key tool for amplifying our message," said Peggy Ang, vice president of marketing of Samsung. "We might have thousands of articles online, but inPowered tells us the top 10 stories that people are reading, and then amplifies them to the wider network. The measurement functionality enables us to devise a strategy for communicating the right message that resonates with consumers."
The platform is self-managed so the brand determines which social network posts or other content are used to create the ad content. According to a recent Marketing Evolution report the use of 'expert' commentary can increase purchase intent four times higher than standard online ads and can increase ROI up to 14 times higher.
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....