News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB determines U.S.'s most mobile-savvy cities
The Interactive Advertising Bureau has released their second index revealing which cities in the U.S. house the most mobile-savvy citizens.
The Interactive Advertising Bureau's 2012 U.S. Mobile Shopping Savvy Cities Index, the second to be released, ranks cities according to their mobile shopping audience and how much residents either complete purchases via their mobile device or use them to research products later bought in brick and mortar stores.
The study pinpoints cities where advertisers need to quickly embrace mobile strategies as part of their overall plans to attract shoppers.
"Identifying mobile shoppers and delivering relevant messages to consumers as they are in shopping mode represents a key opportunity for marketers," says Joe Laszlo, Deputy Director, IAB Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence.
For the second year running, Houston takes the top spot with Seattle-Tacoma and San Francisco replacing New York and Atlanta in second and third place. Last year, the San Francisco area, traditionally the center of all things tech, was outside the top 10 in eleventh place.
This year's index looks like this:
3. San Francisco
4. Los Angeles
5. New York City
8. Dallas-Ft. Worth
11. Washington, D.C.
13. Tampa-St. Petersburg
15. Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...