News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB determines U.S.'s most mobile-savvy cities
The Interactive Advertising Bureau has released their second index revealing which cities in the U.S. house the most mobile-savvy citizens.
The Interactive Advertising Bureau's 2012 U.S. Mobile Shopping Savvy Cities Index, the second to be released, ranks cities according to their mobile shopping audience and how much residents either complete purchases via their mobile device or use them to research products later bought in brick and mortar stores.
The study pinpoints cities where advertisers need to quickly embrace mobile strategies as part of their overall plans to attract shoppers.
"Identifying mobile shoppers and delivering relevant messages to consumers as they are in shopping mode represents a key opportunity for marketers," says Joe Laszlo, Deputy Director, IAB Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence.
For the second year running, Houston takes the top spot with Seattle-Tacoma and San Francisco replacing New York and Atlanta in second and third place. Last year, the San Francisco area, traditionally the center of all things tech, was outside the top 10 in eleventh place.
This year's index looks like this:
3. San Francisco
4. Los Angeles
5. New York City
8. Dallas-Ft. Worth
11. Washington, D.C.
13. Tampa-St. Petersburg
15. Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
- Online payment fraud costing U.S. merchants billions
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....