News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB determines U.S.'s most mobile-savvy cities
The Interactive Advertising Bureau has released their second index revealing which cities in the U.S. house the most mobile-savvy citizens.
The Interactive Advertising Bureau's 2012 U.S. Mobile Shopping Savvy Cities Index, the second to be released, ranks cities according to their mobile shopping audience and how much residents either complete purchases via their mobile device or use them to research products later bought in brick and mortar stores.
The study pinpoints cities where advertisers need to quickly embrace mobile strategies as part of their overall plans to attract shoppers.
"Identifying mobile shoppers and delivering relevant messages to consumers as they are in shopping mode represents a key opportunity for marketers," says Joe Laszlo, Deputy Director, IAB Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence.
For the second year running, Houston takes the top spot with Seattle-Tacoma and San Francisco replacing New York and Atlanta in second and third place. Last year, the San Francisco area, traditionally the center of all things tech, was outside the top 10 in eleventh place.
This year's index looks like this:
3. San Francisco
4. Los Angeles
5. New York City
8. Dallas-Ft. Worth
11. Washington, D.C.
13. Tampa-St. Petersburg
15. Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...