News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB determines U.S.'s most mobile-savvy cities
The Interactive Advertising Bureau has released their second index revealing which cities in the U.S. house the most mobile-savvy citizens.
The Interactive Advertising Bureau's 2012 U.S. Mobile Shopping Savvy Cities Index, the second to be released, ranks cities according to their mobile shopping audience and how much residents either complete purchases via their mobile device or use them to research products later bought in brick and mortar stores.
The study pinpoints cities where advertisers need to quickly embrace mobile strategies as part of their overall plans to attract shoppers.
"Identifying mobile shoppers and delivering relevant messages to consumers as they are in shopping mode represents a key opportunity for marketers," says Joe Laszlo, Deputy Director, IAB Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence.
For the second year running, Houston takes the top spot with Seattle-Tacoma and San Francisco replacing New York and Atlanta in second and third place. Last year, the San Francisco area, traditionally the center of all things tech, was outside the top 10 in eleventh place.
This year's index looks like this:
3. San Francisco
4. Los Angeles
5. New York City
8. Dallas-Ft. Worth
11. Washington, D.C.
13. Tampa-St. Petersburg
15. Minneapolis-St. Paul
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...