News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to prepare for rushed holiday sales season
According to a new comScore forecast US holiday ecommerce spending will top 15% in 2012. More than $10 billion has already been spent online, a 16% increase over 2011.
"The 2012 online holiday shopping season is off to an encouraging start with a 16-percent growth thus far," said comScore Chairman, Gian Fulgoni. "Recent 5-year highs in consumer confidence and early retailer promotions appear to be serving as wind in the sails for the beginning portion of the holiday season, with consumers opening up their wallets early and often. This spending growth also reflects the continuing channel shift to online as consumers increasingly opt for the attractive pricing, convenience and product selection it offers."
While the shoppers are headed online, new data out from SMB DigitalScape indicates small businesses may not be ready for the surge, and might miss out on high sales volume. One of the prime reasons SMBs may miss out - consumers can't find them online. Their data shows 74% don't have location data in website meta titles while 91% have duplicate page issues. Small businesses are also selling themselves short by not optimizing sites for mobile (98% aren't mobile optimized) and not having a social presence.
While it is too late to have a site fully mobile optimized by the end of the Thanksgiving weekend - there are four more weeks of shopping activity. CorraTech suggests brands:
• Have a final meeting to ensure all departments are up to speed on holiday plans
• Run a final website test to ensure websites are working correctly
• Finalize the holiday campaign - and stick with that campaign
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...