News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to improve email deliverability over 2012 holidays
We're still early in the 2012 holiday season, but already research shows email is helping many retailers connect with online shoppers. Those shoppers are clicking and purchasing online, but if the email doesn't engage retailers could be losing out on sales. Lyris has released some tips to help brands make that email connection.
With more shoppers turning to the Internet to research as well as to shop for gifts email is getting a bit more attention from online brands. Through email brands can provide clickable links making it easy for shoppers to find product information or buy quickly. The key is to engage and to engage, emails need to reach the inbox. Here is how Lyris suggests brands can improve:
First, follow the rules. It may sound too simple, but brands who follow CAN-SPAM legislation and who have good relationships with their ISPs have better delivery rates. Because their messages are expected, consumers click and engage - rather than reporting spam. While your following those rules, cull the lists to ensure that emails aren't bouncing.
Second, tailor the content. Don't send generalized messaging, especially over the holidays. Shoppers are busy so make sure Joe Smith receives the messages about sporting goods or adventure vacations while Sally Jones receives the messages about hot toys and products that will make those on her list smile.
Finally, focus on the headlines and optimize the design. A snazzy headline will do more for an email campaign than social sharing links - although including those links will improve the brand's reach. So spend extra time working on holiday headlines.
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...