News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to improve email deliverability over 2012 holidays
We're still early in the 2012 holiday season, but already research shows email is helping many retailers connect with online shoppers. Those shoppers are clicking and purchasing online, but if the email doesn't engage retailers could be losing out on sales. Lyris has released some tips to help brands make that email connection.
With more shoppers turning to the Internet to research as well as to shop for gifts email is getting a bit more attention from online brands. Through email brands can provide clickable links making it easy for shoppers to find product information or buy quickly. The key is to engage and to engage, emails need to reach the inbox. Here is how Lyris suggests brands can improve:
First, follow the rules. It may sound too simple, but brands who follow CAN-SPAM legislation and who have good relationships with their ISPs have better delivery rates. Because their messages are expected, consumers click and engage - rather than reporting spam. While your following those rules, cull the lists to ensure that emails aren't bouncing.
Second, tailor the content. Don't send generalized messaging, especially over the holidays. Shoppers are busy so make sure Joe Smith receives the messages about sporting goods or adventure vacations while Sally Jones receives the messages about hot toys and products that will make those on her list smile.
Finally, focus on the headlines and optimize the design. A snazzy headline will do more for an email campaign than social sharing links - although including those links will improve the brand's reach. So spend extra time working on holiday headlines.
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...