News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to improve email deliverability over 2012 holidays
We're still early in the 2012 holiday season, but already research shows email is helping many retailers connect with online shoppers. Those shoppers are clicking and purchasing online, but if the email doesn't engage retailers could be losing out on sales. Lyris has released some tips to help brands make that email connection.
With more shoppers turning to the Internet to research as well as to shop for gifts email is getting a bit more attention from online brands. Through email brands can provide clickable links making it easy for shoppers to find product information or buy quickly. The key is to engage and to engage, emails need to reach the inbox. Here is how Lyris suggests brands can improve:
First, follow the rules. It may sound too simple, but brands who follow CAN-SPAM legislation and who have good relationships with their ISPs have better delivery rates. Because their messages are expected, consumers click and engage - rather than reporting spam. While your following those rules, cull the lists to ensure that emails aren't bouncing.
Second, tailor the content. Don't send generalized messaging, especially over the holidays. Shoppers are busy so make sure Joe Smith receives the messages about sporting goods or adventure vacations while Sally Jones receives the messages about hot toys and products that will make those on her list smile.
Finally, focus on the headlines and optimize the design. A snazzy headline will do more for an email campaign than social sharing links - although including those links will improve the brand's reach. So spend extra time working on holiday headlines.
- Ad Roundup: Partner program and SMB security
- IAB report shows increasing commitment to digital video advertising
- Financial services industry reward programs falling short of consumer expectations
- Mixing work with personal life causes guilt among Generation Mobile
- Surveys point to what Mom wants
- Study: Facebook key for ecommerce
- Ad Roundup: More formats, reporting available to brands
- What drives reward program spending
Featured White Papers
- 9 Ways You Can Build Effective Mobile Email Marketing Campaigns
The latest research shows that two-thirds of email opens now occur on mobile devices, but many email marketers are still...
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...