News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to improve email deliverability over 2012 holidays
We're still early in the 2012 holiday season, but already research shows email is helping many retailers connect with online shoppers. Those shoppers are clicking and purchasing online, but if the email doesn't engage retailers could be losing out on sales. Lyris has released some tips to help brands make that email connection.
With more shoppers turning to the Internet to research as well as to shop for gifts email is getting a bit more attention from online brands. Through email brands can provide clickable links making it easy for shoppers to find product information or buy quickly. The key is to engage and to engage, emails need to reach the inbox. Here is how Lyris suggests brands can improve:
First, follow the rules. It may sound too simple, but brands who follow CAN-SPAM legislation and who have good relationships with their ISPs have better delivery rates. Because their messages are expected, consumers click and engage - rather than reporting spam. While your following those rules, cull the lists to ensure that emails aren't bouncing.
Second, tailor the content. Don't send generalized messaging, especially over the holidays. Shoppers are busy so make sure Joe Smith receives the messages about sporting goods or adventure vacations while Sally Jones receives the messages about hot toys and products that will make those on her list smile.
Finally, focus on the headlines and optimize the design. A snazzy headline will do more for an email campaign than social sharing links - although including those links will improve the brand's reach. So spend extra time working on holiday headlines.
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
- Kenshoo highlights rise in Facebook ad spend
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...