News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to improve email deliverability over 2012 holidays
We're still early in the 2012 holiday season, but already research shows email is helping many retailers connect with online shoppers. Those shoppers are clicking and purchasing online, but if the email doesn't engage retailers could be losing out on sales. Lyris has released some tips to help brands make that email connection.
With more shoppers turning to the Internet to research as well as to shop for gifts email is getting a bit more attention from online brands. Through email brands can provide clickable links making it easy for shoppers to find product information or buy quickly. The key is to engage and to engage, emails need to reach the inbox. Here is how Lyris suggests brands can improve:
First, follow the rules. It may sound too simple, but brands who follow CAN-SPAM legislation and who have good relationships with their ISPs have better delivery rates. Because their messages are expected, consumers click and engage - rather than reporting spam. While your following those rules, cull the lists to ensure that emails aren't bouncing.
Second, tailor the content. Don't send generalized messaging, especially over the holidays. Shoppers are busy so make sure Joe Smith receives the messages about sporting goods or adventure vacations while Sally Jones receives the messages about hot toys and products that will make those on her list smile.
Finally, focus on the headlines and optimize the design. A snazzy headline will do more for an email campaign than social sharing links - although including those links will improve the brand's reach. So spend extra time working on holiday headlines.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...