News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to engage Asian consumers through email
Technology is shrinking the world in ways we couldn't have imagined even ten years ago. Through social networks and email brands in the UK or US can expand into the growing Asian marketplace through a few clicks of a button. But, once there, brands need to know the differences between consumers in their home countries and in more exotic locales.
"There are 25 countries in Asia Pacific, with a population of over 4.2 billion constituting 61% of the world's population," said Gillian Hamilton Rogers, Marketing and Advertising Consultant, Singapore, Metia. "This is a huge region of the world and so it's only natural that businesses should look here for new customers. It is an incredibly diverse region with different market maturities throughout, offering fantastic opportunity no matter what you are selling."
Gillian notes that email, especially, is pushing more opportunities for English-speaking businesses in the Asia-Pacific region. Both computers and mobile penetration are pushing more of these consumers into their online stores.
"Even relatively undeveloped economies like Vietnam or Cambodia still have a huge take-up of mobile phones. As an indication of the growth of mobile phones, research from Gartner revealed that of the $3.3 billion that will be spent globally on mobile ads this year, almost half (49.2 percent) of that will come from Asia, mainly from Japan and South Korea. By 2015 global mobile ad spend will sky-rocket to $20.6 billion, of which Asia's share will be one-third (33.6 percent)," said Hamilton Rogers. "This popularity of smartphones and tablets throughout Asia provides marketers with a very valuable channel to speak to consumers. Email marketing is a very popular medium in the region already, and the fact they can be read on mobile phones, on the go just makes them even more powerful for marketers."
More from Gillian and Metia tomorrow, including her top tips for engaging consumers around the globe.
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...