News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to engage Asian consumers through email
Technology is shrinking the world in ways we couldn't have imagined even ten years ago. Through social networks and email brands in the UK or US can expand into the growing Asian marketplace through a few clicks of a button. But, once there, brands need to know the differences between consumers in their home countries and in more exotic locales.
"There are 25 countries in Asia Pacific, with a population of over 4.2 billion constituting 61% of the world's population," said Gillian Hamilton Rogers, Marketing and Advertising Consultant, Singapore, Metia. "This is a huge region of the world and so it's only natural that businesses should look here for new customers. It is an incredibly diverse region with different market maturities throughout, offering fantastic opportunity no matter what you are selling."
Gillian notes that email, especially, is pushing more opportunities for English-speaking businesses in the Asia-Pacific region. Both computers and mobile penetration are pushing more of these consumers into their online stores.
"Even relatively undeveloped economies like Vietnam or Cambodia still have a huge take-up of mobile phones. As an indication of the growth of mobile phones, research from Gartner revealed that of the $3.3 billion that will be spent globally on mobile ads this year, almost half (49.2 percent) of that will come from Asia, mainly from Japan and South Korea. By 2015 global mobile ad spend will sky-rocket to $20.6 billion, of which Asia's share will be one-third (33.6 percent)," said Hamilton Rogers. "This popularity of smartphones and tablets throughout Asia provides marketers with a very valuable channel to speak to consumers. Email marketing is a very popular medium in the region already, and the fact they can be read on mobile phones, on the go just makes them even more powerful for marketers."
More from Gillian and Metia tomorrow, including her top tips for engaging consumers around the globe.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...