News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Holiday weekend shaping up to be heavily shopped
The three busiest email transaction days in 2011 were Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Thanksgiving Day. They year, the Thanksgiving weekend looks to be a hot shopping weekend for the holiday season.
Experian/Hitwise data shows traffic to retail sites has already enjoyed a surge and the holiday weekend is only just beginning. According to their data traffic to retail sites has increased 10% over the past week (YoY) and 15% over last week. The top retail sites - so far - are Amazon, Walmart and Target.
Meanwhile, Adobe is predicting that Black Friday will be the second highest online sales day of 2012. Their researchers believe sales will increase 12% over 2011 numbers. And for Cyber Monday, they predict online-only retailers will see sales increases of more than 200% while brick-and-click retailers could see sales increases of at least 500% (YoY).
"Rather than report on what happened after the fact this holiday season, we are leveraging big data captured by the Adobe Marketing Cloud to accurately forecast the trends before they happen," said Brad Rencher, Senior Vice President, Digital Marketing Business, Adobe. "This helps our retail customers plan for consumer spending activity online to better monetize their holiday campaigns. Adobe is the big data company for marketers, helping them sort through and understand massive amounts of online and offline transactional information to uncover patterns that will help them better understand and drive their business forward."
Mobile, meanwhile, could see sales spikes of up to 110% over the 2012 holidays; Adobe predicts mobile will account for about 20% of all holiday sales in 2012.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...