News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Holiday weekend shaping up to be heavily shopped
The three busiest email transaction days in 2011 were Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Thanksgiving Day. They year, the Thanksgiving weekend looks to be a hot shopping weekend for the holiday season.
Experian/Hitwise data shows traffic to retail sites has already enjoyed a surge and the holiday weekend is only just beginning. According to their data traffic to retail sites has increased 10% over the past week (YoY) and 15% over last week. The top retail sites - so far - are Amazon, Walmart and Target.
Meanwhile, Adobe is predicting that Black Friday will be the second highest online sales day of 2012. Their researchers believe sales will increase 12% over 2011 numbers. And for Cyber Monday, they predict online-only retailers will see sales increases of more than 200% while brick-and-click retailers could see sales increases of at least 500% (YoY).
"Rather than report on what happened after the fact this holiday season, we are leveraging big data captured by the Adobe Marketing Cloud to accurately forecast the trends before they happen," said Brad Rencher, Senior Vice President, Digital Marketing Business, Adobe. "This helps our retail customers plan for consumer spending activity online to better monetize their holiday campaigns. Adobe is the big data company for marketers, helping them sort through and understand massive amounts of online and offline transactional information to uncover patterns that will help them better understand and drive their business forward."
Mobile, meanwhile, could see sales spikes of up to 110% over the 2012 holidays; Adobe predicts mobile will account for about 20% of all holiday sales in 2012.
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...