News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Holiday weekend shaping up to be heavily shopped
The three busiest email transaction days in 2011 were Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Thanksgiving Day. They year, the Thanksgiving weekend looks to be a hot shopping weekend for the holiday season.
Experian/Hitwise data shows traffic to retail sites has already enjoyed a surge and the holiday weekend is only just beginning. According to their data traffic to retail sites has increased 10% over the past week (YoY) and 15% over last week. The top retail sites - so far - are Amazon, Walmart and Target.
Meanwhile, Adobe is predicting that Black Friday will be the second highest online sales day of 2012. Their researchers believe sales will increase 12% over 2011 numbers. And for Cyber Monday, they predict online-only retailers will see sales increases of more than 200% while brick-and-click retailers could see sales increases of at least 500% (YoY).
"Rather than report on what happened after the fact this holiday season, we are leveraging big data captured by the Adobe Marketing Cloud to accurately forecast the trends before they happen," said Brad Rencher, Senior Vice President, Digital Marketing Business, Adobe. "This helps our retail customers plan for consumer spending activity online to better monetize their holiday campaigns. Adobe is the big data company for marketers, helping them sort through and understand massive amounts of online and offline transactional information to uncover patterns that will help them better understand and drive their business forward."
Mobile, meanwhile, could see sales spikes of up to 110% over the 2012 holidays; Adobe predicts mobile will account for about 20% of all holiday sales in 2012.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...