News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Holiday weekend shaping up to be heavily shopped
The three busiest email transaction days in 2011 were Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Thanksgiving Day. They year, the Thanksgiving weekend looks to be a hot shopping weekend for the holiday season.
Experian/Hitwise data shows traffic to retail sites has already enjoyed a surge and the holiday weekend is only just beginning. According to their data traffic to retail sites has increased 10% over the past week (YoY) and 15% over last week. The top retail sites - so far - are Amazon, Walmart and Target.
Meanwhile, Adobe is predicting that Black Friday will be the second highest online sales day of 2012. Their researchers believe sales will increase 12% over 2011 numbers. And for Cyber Monday, they predict online-only retailers will see sales increases of more than 200% while brick-and-click retailers could see sales increases of at least 500% (YoY).
"Rather than report on what happened after the fact this holiday season, we are leveraging big data captured by the Adobe Marketing Cloud to accurately forecast the trends before they happen," said Brad Rencher, Senior Vice President, Digital Marketing Business, Adobe. "This helps our retail customers plan for consumer spending activity online to better monetize their holiday campaigns. Adobe is the big data company for marketers, helping them sort through and understand massive amounts of online and offline transactional information to uncover patterns that will help them better understand and drive their business forward."
Mobile, meanwhile, could see sales spikes of up to 110% over the 2012 holidays; Adobe predicts mobile will account for about 20% of all holiday sales in 2012.
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...