News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Holiday weekend shaping up to be heavily shopped
The three busiest email transaction days in 2011 were Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Thanksgiving Day. They year, the Thanksgiving weekend looks to be a hot shopping weekend for the holiday season.
Experian/Hitwise data shows traffic to retail sites has already enjoyed a surge and the holiday weekend is only just beginning. According to their data traffic to retail sites has increased 10% over the past week (YoY) and 15% over last week. The top retail sites - so far - are Amazon, Walmart and Target.
Meanwhile, Adobe is predicting that Black Friday will be the second highest online sales day of 2012. Their researchers believe sales will increase 12% over 2011 numbers. And for Cyber Monday, they predict online-only retailers will see sales increases of more than 200% while brick-and-click retailers could see sales increases of at least 500% (YoY).
"Rather than report on what happened after the fact this holiday season, we are leveraging big data captured by the Adobe Marketing Cloud to accurately forecast the trends before they happen," said Brad Rencher, Senior Vice President, Digital Marketing Business, Adobe. "This helps our retail customers plan for consumer spending activity online to better monetize their holiday campaigns. Adobe is the big data company for marketers, helping them sort through and understand massive amounts of online and offline transactional information to uncover patterns that will help them better understand and drive their business forward."
Mobile, meanwhile, could see sales spikes of up to 110% over the 2012 holidays; Adobe predicts mobile will account for about 20% of all holiday sales in 2012.
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...