News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Galaxy S III world's best-selling smartphone, but not for long
Samsung shipped more of its flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S III, during the third quarter of 2012, than Apple's iPhone 4S, according to a new report from Strategy Analytics.
During Q2 2012, Samsung shipped 18 million Galaxy S III smartphones. Meanwhile, in the same quarter, Apple shipped 16.2 million iPhone 4S models, according to new figures released by Strategy Analytics.
"The Galaxy S3 captured an impressive 11 percent share of all smartphones shipped globally and it has become the world's best-selling smartphone model for the first time ever," said Neil Shah, Senior Analyst at Strategy Analytics.
That all sounds a bit grim for Apple; the company has recently been troubled with accusations of uninspiring technology updates as well as the fracas with Google Maps.
However, there's a glaring reason for the Galaxy S III's current world domination - the iPhone 5. As is often the case, sales of the previous model, the iPhone 4S, slowed in the run up to the release of the new model.
"The Apple iPhone 5 has gotten off to a solid start already with an estimated 6.0 million units shipped globally during Q3 2012," writes Strategy Analytics analyst Neil Mawston in a recent blog post. "We expect the new iPhone 5 to out-ship Samsung's Galaxy S3 in the coming fourth quarter of 2012 and Apple should soon reclaim the title of the world's most popular smartphone model."
- How Facebook, AdWords can work together
- Study: Tuesday/Thursday are best days for sharing
- Survey: Bitcoin making more waves
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...