News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Christmas carols and decorations pre-Thanksgiving annoy shoppers
Americans aren't happy that Christmas appears earlier and earlier in stores and malls, according to new research from SOASTA. Most believe the decorations and Christmas tunes should wait until after Thanksgiving.
If you want to annoy your customers this year, go ahead and put up the tinsel and Christmas tree and blare out carols over the sound system super-early. If, however, you value the sanity of your customers, leave the decorating until after Thanksgiving.
Over three-quarters (78%) of Americans surveyed by SOASTA, a web and mobile app test automation company, said stores should not play Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. Another 75% believe Christmas decorations should also not be put up until after Thanksgiving.
Another interesting finding from the survey is that three-quarters of respondents said that stores should concentrate on providing a specific "Cyber Monday" website, or a dependable app (73%) that can handle the mass of sales that take place on the mega-shopping day.
"The results of our Holiday Readiness Survey show that Americans think stores shouldn't 'Deck the Halls' until after Thanksgiving," said Tom Lounibos, SOASTA CEO. "So instead of decorating for the holidays, stores should test their online presence instead, making sure their websites and their mobile apps can handle millions of people from all over the world at the same time."
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...