News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Christmas carols and decorations pre-Thanksgiving annoy shoppers
Americans aren't happy that Christmas appears earlier and earlier in stores and malls, according to new research from SOASTA. Most believe the decorations and Christmas tunes should wait until after Thanksgiving.
If you want to annoy your customers this year, go ahead and put up the tinsel and Christmas tree and blare out carols over the sound system super-early. If, however, you value the sanity of your customers, leave the decorating until after Thanksgiving.
Over three-quarters (78%) of Americans surveyed by SOASTA, a web and mobile app test automation company, said stores should not play Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. Another 75% believe Christmas decorations should also not be put up until after Thanksgiving.
Another interesting finding from the survey is that three-quarters of respondents said that stores should concentrate on providing a specific "Cyber Monday" website, or a dependable app (73%) that can handle the mass of sales that take place on the mega-shopping day.
"The results of our Holiday Readiness Survey show that Americans think stores shouldn't 'Deck the Halls' until after Thanksgiving," said Tom Lounibos, SOASTA CEO. "So instead of decorating for the holidays, stores should test their online presence instead, making sure their websites and their mobile apps can handle millions of people from all over the world at the same time."
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...