News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Christmas carols and decorations pre-Thanksgiving annoy shoppers
Americans aren't happy that Christmas appears earlier and earlier in stores and malls, according to new research from SOASTA. Most believe the decorations and Christmas tunes should wait until after Thanksgiving.
If you want to annoy your customers this year, go ahead and put up the tinsel and Christmas tree and blare out carols over the sound system super-early. If, however, you value the sanity of your customers, leave the decorating until after Thanksgiving.
Over three-quarters (78%) of Americans surveyed by SOASTA, a web and mobile app test automation company, said stores should not play Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. Another 75% believe Christmas decorations should also not be put up until after Thanksgiving.
Another interesting finding from the survey is that three-quarters of respondents said that stores should concentrate on providing a specific "Cyber Monday" website, or a dependable app (73%) that can handle the mass of sales that take place on the mega-shopping day.
"The results of our Holiday Readiness Survey show that Americans think stores shouldn't 'Deck the Halls' until after Thanksgiving," said Tom Lounibos, SOASTA CEO. "So instead of decorating for the holidays, stores should test their online presence instead, making sure their websites and their mobile apps can handle millions of people from all over the world at the same time."
- Ecomm Roundup: 3 platform releases offer more control
- Top 3 tips to make the most of Instagram ads
- Study: Publishers concerned about Google, Facebook, competition
- Most parents will shop offline for Halloween candy and costumes
- VR, mobile to boost game industry revenues past $100 billion by 2018
- Four tips to connect with festive shoppers
- Retailers can convert 'window shoppers' with real-time analytics
- Mobile use during dining experience researched
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...