News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Christmas carols and decorations pre-Thanksgiving annoy shoppers
Americans aren't happy that Christmas appears earlier and earlier in stores and malls, according to new research from SOASTA. Most believe the decorations and Christmas tunes should wait until after Thanksgiving.
If you want to annoy your customers this year, go ahead and put up the tinsel and Christmas tree and blare out carols over the sound system super-early. If, however, you value the sanity of your customers, leave the decorating until after Thanksgiving.
Over three-quarters (78%) of Americans surveyed by SOASTA, a web and mobile app test automation company, said stores should not play Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. Another 75% believe Christmas decorations should also not be put up until after Thanksgiving.
Another interesting finding from the survey is that three-quarters of respondents said that stores should concentrate on providing a specific "Cyber Monday" website, or a dependable app (73%) that can handle the mass of sales that take place on the mega-shopping day.
"The results of our Holiday Readiness Survey show that Americans think stores shouldn't 'Deck the Halls' until after Thanksgiving," said Tom Lounibos, SOASTA CEO. "So instead of decorating for the holidays, stores should test their online presence instead, making sure their websites and their mobile apps can handle millions of people from all over the world at the same time."
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...