News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Christmas carols and decorations pre-Thanksgiving annoy shoppers
Americans aren't happy that Christmas appears earlier and earlier in stores and malls, according to new research from SOASTA. Most believe the decorations and Christmas tunes should wait until after Thanksgiving.
If you want to annoy your customers this year, go ahead and put up the tinsel and Christmas tree and blare out carols over the sound system super-early. If, however, you value the sanity of your customers, leave the decorating until after Thanksgiving.
Over three-quarters (78%) of Americans surveyed by SOASTA, a web and mobile app test automation company, said stores should not play Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. Another 75% believe Christmas decorations should also not be put up until after Thanksgiving.
Another interesting finding from the survey is that three-quarters of respondents said that stores should concentrate on providing a specific "Cyber Monday" website, or a dependable app (73%) that can handle the mass of sales that take place on the mega-shopping day.
"The results of our Holiday Readiness Survey show that Americans think stores shouldn't 'Deck the Halls' until after Thanksgiving," said Tom Lounibos, SOASTA CEO. "So instead of decorating for the holidays, stores should test their online presence instead, making sure their websites and their mobile apps can handle millions of people from all over the world at the same time."
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...