News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ChoiceStream: Relevancy key to engagement
This should come as no surprise but new data out from ChoiceStream shows how important relevance is to online advertising. Researchers found that, especially for online shoppers, relevance increase engagement and purchasing intent.
• 44% of 'active' online shoppers (spending $500 or more online, previous six months) prefer ads to be personalized
• 72% of those spending $250 or more online (previous six months) said the same
• 20% say they've purchase an item advertised as 'recommended for you'
"Our results show that when consumers are targeted with a relevant, personalized ad, they spend more online," said Eric Bosco, COO, ChoiceStream. "It's clear that some consumers are frustrated when they're shown offers that do not match their interests. But, when brands deliver engaging and relevant ads, results follow. To do this, brands need to take a more sophisticated approach to analyzing consumer behavior and designing dynamic ads."
Researchers also found that more than one-third of shoppers are conducting searches for products because of relevant display ads - which means retailers and manufacturers need to optimize product and landing pages to include relevant content, images and video so that the shopper can find what is needed easily.
Finally, while mobile optimization is increasingly important, this report indicates that the bulk of people shopping via mobile are the early adopters. More than 90% of those surveyed say they haven't made a mobile purchase - yet.
While it is no surprise that relevance increases consumer engagement and intent to buy many brands continue to miss the mark when it comes to serving relevant ads to shoppers. According to the report nearly half (48%) of the shoppers surveyed said ads served to them didn't match their interests.
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Device of Choice for Online Shoppers & Buyers
Did you know that men shop and buy from mobile devices more than women? Being aware of nuances like this...
- 5 'Must Have' Tactics For Your 2016 Digital Marketing Plan
What are the 5 "must have" tactics that experts agree can help everyone's 2016 digital marketing?...
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....