News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ChoiceStream: Relevancy key to engagement
This should come as no surprise but new data out from ChoiceStream shows how important relevance is to online advertising. Researchers found that, especially for online shoppers, relevance increase engagement and purchasing intent.
• 44% of 'active' online shoppers (spending $500 or more online, previous six months) prefer ads to be personalized
• 72% of those spending $250 or more online (previous six months) said the same
• 20% say they've purchase an item advertised as 'recommended for you'
"Our results show that when consumers are targeted with a relevant, personalized ad, they spend more online," said Eric Bosco, COO, ChoiceStream. "It's clear that some consumers are frustrated when they're shown offers that do not match their interests. But, when brands deliver engaging and relevant ads, results follow. To do this, brands need to take a more sophisticated approach to analyzing consumer behavior and designing dynamic ads."
Researchers also found that more than one-third of shoppers are conducting searches for products because of relevant display ads - which means retailers and manufacturers need to optimize product and landing pages to include relevant content, images and video so that the shopper can find what is needed easily.
Finally, while mobile optimization is increasingly important, this report indicates that the bulk of people shopping via mobile are the early adopters. More than 90% of those surveyed say they haven't made a mobile purchase - yet.
While it is no surprise that relevance increases consumer engagement and intent to buy many brands continue to miss the mark when it comes to serving relevant ads to shoppers. According to the report nearly half (48%) of the shoppers surveyed said ads served to them didn't match their interests.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...