News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Chitika: Opera leads browser market with highest CTR
A new report from ad network Chitika provides insight into the click-through rates and query lengths on desktop and mobile browsers.
According to Chitika's report into users of Opera, Apple's Safai Mobile, Explorer, Android, Firefox and Chrome, there was one clear leader.
Opera's click-through rate led the ranks with 2.12% compared to its nearest rival, Safari Mobile with 1.54%. Other CTRs reported were:
Internet Explorer - 1.14%
Android browser - 0.81%
Safari - 0.80%
Firefox - 0.68%
Chrome - 0.54%
Chrome iOS - 0.51%
However, Chitika points out that, while Opera is in first place, it still accounts for less than 1% of all web browsing in the past year. The browser is generally used by more technical Internet users.
Chitika also analyzed average query length and found that Safari users use approximately 5.05 words on the desktop version and 5.17 words on the mobile option. iPhone users use longer searches than Android owners (3.30 words), and Desktop Chrome user searches are approximately 4.87 words in length.
Chitika predicts that Chrome will continue to beat out Firefox in the web browsing market before the end of 2012, and that Internet Explorer could strengthen its position as the most popular web browser in the U.S. with the release of Windows 8.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...