News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Chitika: Opera leads browser market with highest CTR
A new report from ad network Chitika provides insight into the click-through rates and query lengths on desktop and mobile browsers.
According to Chitika's report into users of Opera, Apple's Safai Mobile, Explorer, Android, Firefox and Chrome, there was one clear leader.
Opera's click-through rate led the ranks with 2.12% compared to its nearest rival, Safari Mobile with 1.54%. Other CTRs reported were:
Internet Explorer - 1.14%
Android browser - 0.81%
Safari - 0.80%
Firefox - 0.68%
Chrome - 0.54%
Chrome iOS - 0.51%
However, Chitika points out that, while Opera is in first place, it still accounts for less than 1% of all web browsing in the past year. The browser is generally used by more technical Internet users.
Chitika also analyzed average query length and found that Safari users use approximately 5.05 words on the desktop version and 5.17 words on the mobile option. iPhone users use longer searches than Android owners (3.30 words), and Desktop Chrome user searches are approximately 4.87 words in length.
Chitika predicts that Chrome will continue to beat out Firefox in the web browsing market before the end of 2012, and that Internet Explorer could strengthen its position as the most popular web browser in the U.S. with the release of Windows 8.
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
- How to build loyalty through games
- Weekend Shopping Roundup: Mobile hot, social is not
- Top 3 tips to improve SMB security
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...