News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Chitika: Opera leads browser market with highest CTR
A new report from ad network Chitika provides insight into the click-through rates and query lengths on desktop and mobile browsers.
According to Chitika's report into users of Opera, Apple's Safai Mobile, Explorer, Android, Firefox and Chrome, there was one clear leader.
Opera's click-through rate led the ranks with 2.12% compared to its nearest rival, Safari Mobile with 1.54%. Other CTRs reported were:
Internet Explorer - 1.14%
Android browser - 0.81%
Safari - 0.80%
Firefox - 0.68%
Chrome - 0.54%
Chrome iOS - 0.51%
However, Chitika points out that, while Opera is in first place, it still accounts for less than 1% of all web browsing in the past year. The browser is generally used by more technical Internet users.
Chitika also analyzed average query length and found that Safari users use approximately 5.05 words on the desktop version and 5.17 words on the mobile option. iPhone users use longer searches than Android owners (3.30 words), and Desktop Chrome user searches are approximately 4.87 words in length.
Chitika predicts that Chrome will continue to beat out Firefox in the web browsing market before the end of 2012, and that Internet Explorer could strengthen its position as the most popular web browser in the U.S. with the release of Windows 8.
- Study: Smartphone viewers more likely to click
- How technology can improve the classroom
- Campaign launched to increase awareness of role of ads in funding free online editorial
- Retail Internet of Things spend forecast to reach $2.5 billion by 2020
- Vloggers under-utilized by brand marketers targeting Millennials
- Report: Mobile web use doubles
- Ad Roundup: Tools to improve experience
- Study finds customer service key for BTS success
Featured White Papers
- Why Marketing Should Be Personal
Read our report, Why Marketing Should be Personal, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to learn why 700 marketers ranked personalization...
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...