News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Chitika: Opera leads browser market with highest CTR
A new report from ad network Chitika provides insight into the click-through rates and query lengths on desktop and mobile browsers.
According to Chitika's report into users of Opera, Apple's Safai Mobile, Explorer, Android, Firefox and Chrome, there was one clear leader.
Opera's click-through rate led the ranks with 2.12% compared to its nearest rival, Safari Mobile with 1.54%. Other CTRs reported were:
Internet Explorer - 1.14%
Android browser - 0.81%
Safari - 0.80%
Firefox - 0.68%
Chrome - 0.54%
Chrome iOS - 0.51%
However, Chitika points out that, while Opera is in first place, it still accounts for less than 1% of all web browsing in the past year. The browser is generally used by more technical Internet users.
Chitika also analyzed average query length and found that Safari users use approximately 5.05 words on the desktop version and 5.17 words on the mobile option. iPhone users use longer searches than Android owners (3.30 words), and Desktop Chrome user searches are approximately 4.87 words in length.
Chitika predicts that Chrome will continue to beat out Firefox in the web browsing market before the end of 2012, and that Internet Explorer could strengthen its position as the most popular web browser in the U.S. with the release of Windows 8.
- Netflix dominates U.S. peak Internet traffic
- Omni-channel shopping putting pressure on stores to raise shopper engagement
- Big spending forecast for UK Black Friday
- Do you know why online shoppers abandon carts?
- Travel study reveals extent of travelers' frustration with poorly performing apps, websites
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...