News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Chitika: Opera leads browser market with highest CTR
A new report from ad network Chitika provides insight into the click-through rates and query lengths on desktop and mobile browsers.
According to Chitika's report into users of Opera, Apple's Safai Mobile, Explorer, Android, Firefox and Chrome, there was one clear leader.
Opera's click-through rate led the ranks with 2.12% compared to its nearest rival, Safari Mobile with 1.54%. Other CTRs reported were:
Internet Explorer - 1.14%
Android browser - 0.81%
Safari - 0.80%
Firefox - 0.68%
Chrome - 0.54%
Chrome iOS - 0.51%
However, Chitika points out that, while Opera is in first place, it still accounts for less than 1% of all web browsing in the past year. The browser is generally used by more technical Internet users.
Chitika also analyzed average query length and found that Safari users use approximately 5.05 words on the desktop version and 5.17 words on the mobile option. iPhone users use longer searches than Android owners (3.30 words), and Desktop Chrome user searches are approximately 4.87 words in length.
Chitika predicts that Chrome will continue to beat out Firefox in the web browsing market before the end of 2012, and that Internet Explorer could strengthen its position as the most popular web browser in the U.S. with the release of Windows 8.
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
- LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
- Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...