News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brits the most emotionally attached to their mobile phones
New research from the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) reveals more than 6 in 10 Brits find it hard to imagine what life would be like without their mobile phone.
A survey conducted by research agency Crowd DNA for the IAB among consumers from the UK, US and South Korea found that Brits were the most emotionally connected to their mobile device. Sixty-one percent claimed they "couldn't live without their mobile" compared to 53% of Americans and 31% of South Koreans.
Mobile wallets, mobile optimized websites and cloud-based storage were the mobile technologies which appealed to all consumers the most in terms of what they are looking to in the future. Almost three quarters (75%) of UK consumers said mobile wallets were the most appealing new concept.
South Koreans were found to be far less satisfied with their mobile devices compared to Brits, 26% and 51% respectively.
These high rates demonstrate the increasing personal connections people have with their mobile phones and signals to brands and media owners that they, too, must make mobile an integral part of their strategy.
"By combining consumer research and industry expert opinion, we have a unique insight into what we can expect from mobile in the next couple of years," said the IAB's senior mobile manager, Alex Kozloff. "It surprised us to see that the UK was actually leading the way in tablet usage out of the countries we surveyed. This is further proof that advertisers and publishers must make mobile and tablets an integral part of their strategy."
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...