News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brits the most emotionally attached to their mobile phones
New research from the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) reveals more than 6 in 10 Brits find it hard to imagine what life would be like without their mobile phone.
A survey conducted by research agency Crowd DNA for the IAB among consumers from the UK, US and South Korea found that Brits were the most emotionally connected to their mobile device. Sixty-one percent claimed they "couldn't live without their mobile" compared to 53% of Americans and 31% of South Koreans.
Mobile wallets, mobile optimized websites and cloud-based storage were the mobile technologies which appealed to all consumers the most in terms of what they are looking to in the future. Almost three quarters (75%) of UK consumers said mobile wallets were the most appealing new concept.
South Koreans were found to be far less satisfied with their mobile devices compared to Brits, 26% and 51% respectively.
These high rates demonstrate the increasing personal connections people have with their mobile phones and signals to brands and media owners that they, too, must make mobile an integral part of their strategy.
"By combining consumer research and industry expert opinion, we have a unique insight into what we can expect from mobile in the next couple of years," said the IAB's senior mobile manager, Alex Kozloff. "It surprised us to see that the UK was actually leading the way in tablet usage out of the countries we surveyed. This is further proof that advertisers and publishers must make mobile and tablets an integral part of their strategy."
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....