News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brits the most emotionally attached to their mobile phones
New research from the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) reveals more than 6 in 10 Brits find it hard to imagine what life would be like without their mobile phone.
A survey conducted by research agency Crowd DNA for the IAB among consumers from the UK, US and South Korea found that Brits were the most emotionally connected to their mobile device. Sixty-one percent claimed they "couldn't live without their mobile" compared to 53% of Americans and 31% of South Koreans.
Mobile wallets, mobile optimized websites and cloud-based storage were the mobile technologies which appealed to all consumers the most in terms of what they are looking to in the future. Almost three quarters (75%) of UK consumers said mobile wallets were the most appealing new concept.
South Koreans were found to be far less satisfied with their mobile devices compared to Brits, 26% and 51% respectively.
These high rates demonstrate the increasing personal connections people have with their mobile phones and signals to brands and media owners that they, too, must make mobile an integral part of their strategy.
"By combining consumer research and industry expert opinion, we have a unique insight into what we can expect from mobile in the next couple of years," said the IAB's senior mobile manager, Alex Kozloff. "It surprised us to see that the UK was actually leading the way in tablet usage out of the countries we surveyed. This is further proof that advertisers and publishers must make mobile and tablets an integral part of their strategy."
- Customer experience to be key brand differentiator by 2020
- The differences between American, European ads and why they matter
- Study: Online video pushing hungry people to burger chains
- Google's HTTPS ranking signal has little to no effect
- 'Huge landmark' as ecommerce mobile traffic overtakes desktop
- Happy birthday, email! Now, what can you do for me?
- Poll: Phone fraud tops $8 billion mark in America
- Webtrends: Top 3 tips to improve online bookings
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...