News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brits the most emotionally attached to their mobile phones
New research from the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) reveals more than 6 in 10 Brits find it hard to imagine what life would be like without their mobile phone.
A survey conducted by research agency Crowd DNA for the IAB among consumers from the UK, US and South Korea found that Brits were the most emotionally connected to their mobile device. Sixty-one percent claimed they "couldn't live without their mobile" compared to 53% of Americans and 31% of South Koreans.
Mobile wallets, mobile optimized websites and cloud-based storage were the mobile technologies which appealed to all consumers the most in terms of what they are looking to in the future. Almost three quarters (75%) of UK consumers said mobile wallets were the most appealing new concept.
South Koreans were found to be far less satisfied with their mobile devices compared to Brits, 26% and 51% respectively.
These high rates demonstrate the increasing personal connections people have with their mobile phones and signals to brands and media owners that they, too, must make mobile an integral part of their strategy.
"By combining consumer research and industry expert opinion, we have a unique insight into what we can expect from mobile in the next couple of years," said the IAB's senior mobile manager, Alex Kozloff. "It surprised us to see that the UK was actually leading the way in tablet usage out of the countries we surveyed. This is further proof that advertisers and publishers must make mobile and tablets an integral part of their strategy."
- Survey: Students, parents say localization key to buying
- Corporate Visions release powers insights-based data
- Neurological study pits digital ads against physical ads
- Mobile-friendly hotels appeal to 9 out of 10 U.S. travelers
- Study: Millennials cautious with spending
- Study: Millennials willing to pay for rewards
- Facebook opens first office in Africa
- Mobile a key ingredient in a Millennial's kitchen
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...