News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brits the most emotionally attached to their mobile phones
New research from the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) reveals more than 6 in 10 Brits find it hard to imagine what life would be like without their mobile phone.
A survey conducted by research agency Crowd DNA for the IAB among consumers from the UK, US and South Korea found that Brits were the most emotionally connected to their mobile device. Sixty-one percent claimed they "couldn't live without their mobile" compared to 53% of Americans and 31% of South Koreans.
Mobile wallets, mobile optimized websites and cloud-based storage were the mobile technologies which appealed to all consumers the most in terms of what they are looking to in the future. Almost three quarters (75%) of UK consumers said mobile wallets were the most appealing new concept.
South Koreans were found to be far less satisfied with their mobile devices compared to Brits, 26% and 51% respectively.
These high rates demonstrate the increasing personal connections people have with their mobile phones and signals to brands and media owners that they, too, must make mobile an integral part of their strategy.
"By combining consumer research and industry expert opinion, we have a unique insight into what we can expect from mobile in the next couple of years," said the IAB's senior mobile manager, Alex Kozloff. "It surprised us to see that the UK was actually leading the way in tablet usage out of the countries we surveyed. This is further proof that advertisers and publishers must make mobile and tablets an integral part of their strategy."
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
- Survey: Retailers aren't ready for EMV deadline
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...