News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
BrightRoll's SmartView unit offers viewers control
A new video offering from BrightRoll is set up to put the viewer in control of advertising. Called SmartView, it puts the viewer in control by allowing them to choose to watch the video ad or skip the add and go straight to content.
Advertisers pay only for actual views of the ad.
"BrightRoll SmartView™ enables advertisers to target viewers at-scale and run smarter campaigns that reach the right audience with the right message," said Tod Sacerdoti, CEO and founder, BrightRoll. "This format presents a unique opportunity to advertisers to pay only for views rather than the traditional CPM model. It works particularly well for advertisers with compelling creative, such as TV show promotions or movie trailers, and long-form content seen in pharma or political ads."
Whether in video or written content protected by a paywall or ad-wall, studies have shown that consumers given the choice to watch/see an ad or go straight to the content, and who choose to see the ad, are more engaged with that ad.
In September, comScore reports more than 180 million US consumers watched online video; nearly 40 billion clips were served along with 9.4 billion ads. Video ads accounted for almost 20% of all video views and about 1% of the total minutes spent with online video.
The BrightRoll Video Network served 1.35 billion video ads, a total of 681 ad minutes. On average viewers say 10 ads; the BrightRoll Network reached about 43% of the viewing population.
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
- Expert: How to better leverage content via mobile
- Blogs play an important role in the path to purchase
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....