News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
BrightRoll's SmartView unit offers viewers control
A new video offering from BrightRoll is set up to put the viewer in control of advertising. Called SmartView, it puts the viewer in control by allowing them to choose to watch the video ad or skip the add and go straight to content.
Advertisers pay only for actual views of the ad.
"BrightRoll SmartView™ enables advertisers to target viewers at-scale and run smarter campaigns that reach the right audience with the right message," said Tod Sacerdoti, CEO and founder, BrightRoll. "This format presents a unique opportunity to advertisers to pay only for views rather than the traditional CPM model. It works particularly well for advertisers with compelling creative, such as TV show promotions or movie trailers, and long-form content seen in pharma or political ads."
Whether in video or written content protected by a paywall or ad-wall, studies have shown that consumers given the choice to watch/see an ad or go straight to the content, and who choose to see the ad, are more engaged with that ad.
In September, comScore reports more than 180 million US consumers watched online video; nearly 40 billion clips were served along with 9.4 billion ads. Video ads accounted for almost 20% of all video views and about 1% of the total minutes spent with online video.
The BrightRoll Video Network served 1.35 billion video ads, a total of 681 ad minutes. On average viewers say 10 ads; the BrightRoll Network reached about 43% of the viewing population.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...