News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Black Friday: ScanLife records busiest QR code scanning day ever
Mobile engagement firm ScanLife reveals that Black Friday was the busiest day ever for mobile barcode traffic.
Black Friday (7 p.m. ET on Thanksgiving Day to 7 p.m. ET on Black Friday) saw 270,000 mobile barcode scans conducted through ScanLife's system, according to the company's Mobile Engagement Platform, their busiest day to date.
That number represents a 45% increase over Black Friday 2011, with 4 million new people scanning, as well as a 50% increase on the daily average.
The vast majority of codes scanned were QR codes (75%) as opposed to UPCs (Universal Product Code).
According to Adotas, "The data in this report was pulled from the ScanLife Mobile Engagement Platform. It represents traffic from both two dimensional barcodes (i.e. QR Codes) and UPC barcodes. The 2D barcodes scanned may have been generated on the ScanLife Platform, or from 3rd party generators. The 2D barcode scanning traffic may come from either the ScanLife app or 3rd party apps."
The retail and consumer electronics industries experienced the highest number of scans on Black Friday. The most popular QR code marketing campaign produced by ScanLife delivered a promotional rebate offer for a DVD, although the company did not reveal which DVD.
- Study: Still a disconnect between data, growth
- Expert: How SMBs can be more productive
- Study: Transparency important to CPG buyers
- Report outlines the impact on brands of email fraud
- Millennials losing faith in traditional banks, trust tech firms more
- Report finds 'last mile' issues continue to dismay consumers
- Consumer satisfaction with mobile commerce falling
- YouTube wants agencies to learn from their top creators
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...