News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Black Friday: ScanLife records busiest QR code scanning day ever
Mobile engagement firm ScanLife reveals that Black Friday was the busiest day ever for mobile barcode traffic.
Black Friday (7 p.m. ET on Thanksgiving Day to 7 p.m. ET on Black Friday) saw 270,000 mobile barcode scans conducted through ScanLife's system, according to the company's Mobile Engagement Platform, their busiest day to date.
That number represents a 45% increase over Black Friday 2011, with 4 million new people scanning, as well as a 50% increase on the daily average.
The vast majority of codes scanned were QR codes (75%) as opposed to UPCs (Universal Product Code).
According to Adotas, "The data in this report was pulled from the ScanLife Mobile Engagement Platform. It represents traffic from both two dimensional barcodes (i.e. QR Codes) and UPC barcodes. The 2D barcodes scanned may have been generated on the ScanLife Platform, or from 3rd party generators. The 2D barcode scanning traffic may come from either the ScanLife app or 3rd party apps."
The retail and consumer electronics industries experienced the highest number of scans on Black Friday. The most popular QR code marketing campaign produced by ScanLife delivered a promotional rebate offer for a DVD, although the company did not reveal which DVD.
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
- Online payment fraud costing U.S. merchants billions
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....