News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
BIA/Kelsey: Local biz focusing efforts online
Local businesses aren't counting out the effect of online shopping and advertising in their quest for increased revenue. In fact, the latest Local Commerce Monitor report, out now from BIA/Kelsey, finds small and local businesses are focusing more attention - and dollars - in the online space.
According to the report small and local businesses have spent at least $1100 on website and online efforts over the past year; compared to Q4 2011, that is an increase of nearly $200. Social media is one are getting increased attention. According to the report 63% are now using social media - with many focused on Facebook - to engage new and repeat customers.
"While total annual spending on advertising and promotion remained flat at around $3,000 for the previous 12 months, SMBs are allocating more of their marketing dollars to digital presence assets," said Steve Marshall, director of research, BIA/Kelsey. "From Web presence and mobile websites to social media, small businesses are building deeper and broader engagement with customers across a range of digital presence platforms."
Mobile is also getting increased attention from smaller businesses. According to the findings include:
• 14.7% have created mobile websites, up from 8.7% in Q4 2011
• 22% say they'll add mobile functionality in the next year
• 34% say they're using loyalty/rewards programs, 21.3% say they'll add rewards programs in the next year
The survey was conducted in coordination with Ipsos. Researchers will offer a free webinar on their findings November 8; the full findings will be presented at the Interactive Local Media West conference December 4-6 in Los Angeles.
- Reports: Cyber Week shows strong YoY growth
- Top 3 tips to improve analytics use
- Telesign: Fake users costing businesses millions of dollars
- Black Friday another record breaker for Amazon UK
- Why your Twitter button lost its count
- Reports: Cyber Monday breaking records
- 4 trends to watch in 2016
- How analytics are impacting e-commerce
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...