News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Apigee: Apps must perform as advertised
When it comes to the mobile space many brands are betting on apps. But a new study out from Apigee underlines the performance factor for apps - according to the report nearly half of mobile users will delete apps immediately if they do not perform as expected. For mobile brands, then, its important for apps not only to be flashy, but to be functional.
"In the growing app economy, there's a natural Darwinian effect, and only the best apps will survive," said Chet Kapoor, Apigee CEO. "These survey findings underscore the importance for developers to closely monitor app performance, identify problems quickly and react immediately to resolve them. Apigee can now help developers achieve this with Apigee Mobile Analytics, a sophisticated mobile app performance and configuration tool that lets developers quickly detect, diagnose and fix problems with their apps running on mobile devices --in real time."
According to the Apigee study the most performance-sensitive app categories come from banking and maps. Reasons app users might delete include:
• App freezes 76%
• App crashes 71%
• Slow responses 59%
• If the app sucks battery life 55%
• If the app is ad-heavy 53%
Not only with mobile users delete badly performing apps, they'll tell their friends which can lead to bigger problems for app brands. About one-third said they would tell friends and colleagues about poor app performances and more than 20% said they would complain about slow or crashing apps through social media.
As for how mobile users are finding apps most continue browsing the various app stores (75%) while about 58% rely on word of mouth and 45% look to Facebook postings about apps.
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- British consumers will give up more personal data for discounts, free delivery
- How dark social can impact brand
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...