News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Apigee: Apps must perform as advertised
When it comes to the mobile space many brands are betting on apps. But a new study out from Apigee underlines the performance factor for apps - according to the report nearly half of mobile users will delete apps immediately if they do not perform as expected. For mobile brands, then, its important for apps not only to be flashy, but to be functional.
"In the growing app economy, there's a natural Darwinian effect, and only the best apps will survive," said Chet Kapoor, Apigee CEO. "These survey findings underscore the importance for developers to closely monitor app performance, identify problems quickly and react immediately to resolve them. Apigee can now help developers achieve this with Apigee Mobile Analytics, a sophisticated mobile app performance and configuration tool that lets developers quickly detect, diagnose and fix problems with their apps running on mobile devices --in real time."
According to the Apigee study the most performance-sensitive app categories come from banking and maps. Reasons app users might delete include:
• App freezes 76%
• App crashes 71%
• Slow responses 59%
• If the app sucks battery life 55%
• If the app is ad-heavy 53%
Not only with mobile users delete badly performing apps, they'll tell their friends which can lead to bigger problems for app brands. About one-third said they would tell friends and colleagues about poor app performances and more than 20% said they would complain about slow or crashing apps through social media.
As for how mobile users are finding apps most continue browsing the various app stores (75%) while about 58% rely on word of mouth and 45% look to Facebook postings about apps.
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...