News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AdSense ads go large
It appears size does matter when it comes to AdSense ads. With web content increasingly richer, impact trumps functionality and larger ad units are becoming more popular. Just as well that AdSense has announced a new, larger ad size.
According to Google's recently released Display Business Trends report (publishers edition), 2011 saw double figure growth in the use of 300 x 600 ad units.
The increase in the 300 x 600 unit, favored by publishers in news, sports and entertainment, is "indicative of a trend where publishers are offering more visually impactful ad sizes that are favored by brand advertisers, over the functionality to direct response advertisers", says the report.
According to an Inside AdSense blog post by AdSense UI Engineer, Omer Gimenez Llach, the 300 x 600 ad unit, often described as a half page unit, will be soon be available in users' accounts, but no specific date was provided.
"Because this unit is new to our network, you'll currently see a large number of text ads in these placements," writes Llach. "Over time we'll continue to build a wide range of text and display ad inventory eligible to appear in this full slot as well."
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...