News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AdSense ads go large
It appears size does matter when it comes to AdSense ads. With web content increasingly richer, impact trumps functionality and larger ad units are becoming more popular. Just as well that AdSense has announced a new, larger ad size.
According to Google's recently released Display Business Trends report (publishers edition), 2011 saw double figure growth in the use of 300 x 600 ad units.
The increase in the 300 x 600 unit, favored by publishers in news, sports and entertainment, is "indicative of a trend where publishers are offering more visually impactful ad sizes that are favored by brand advertisers, over the functionality to direct response advertisers", says the report.
According to an Inside AdSense blog post by AdSense UI Engineer, Omer Gimenez Llach, the 300 x 600 ad unit, often described as a half page unit, will be soon be available in users' accounts, but no specific date was provided.
"Because this unit is new to our network, you'll currently see a large number of text ads in these placements," writes Llach. "Over time we'll continue to build a wide range of text and display ad inventory eligible to appear in this full slot as well."
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...