News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AdSense ads go large
It appears size does matter when it comes to AdSense ads. With web content increasingly richer, impact trumps functionality and larger ad units are becoming more popular. Just as well that AdSense has announced a new, larger ad size.
According to Google's recently released Display Business Trends report (publishers edition), 2011 saw double figure growth in the use of 300 x 600 ad units.
The increase in the 300 x 600 unit, favored by publishers in news, sports and entertainment, is "indicative of a trend where publishers are offering more visually impactful ad sizes that are favored by brand advertisers, over the functionality to direct response advertisers", says the report.
According to an Inside AdSense blog post by AdSense UI Engineer, Omer Gimenez Llach, the 300 x 600 ad unit, often described as a half page unit, will be soon be available in users' accounts, but no specific date was provided.
"Because this unit is new to our network, you'll currently see a large number of text ads in these placements," writes Llach. "Over time we'll continue to build a wide range of text and display ad inventory eligible to appear in this full slot as well."
- Less than 1 in 10 hotel reservations made via mobile in 2014
- Millennials want convenient, functional and relevant mobile app experience
- Travel Forecast: European Vacations Coming
- Top 3 tips to better engage Hispanic consumers
- YouTube announced 80% YoY mobile growth
- 40% of public relations workers use, but do not engage with, social media
- Consumers find card-linked marketing helpful for special occasions
- More than 40% of UK online transactions made via mobile
Featured White Papers
- Gain Real-time email competitive intelligence with this video
Watch this short webinar today and see for yourself how you can gain access to email competitive data, real-time inbox...
- Digital Marketing: Are You Ready to Go Agile? (Best Practices)
Digital marketing isn't just about the channel, it's the mechanism by which people are creating and sharing experiences; engaging not...
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...