News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
91% of national brands to up local marketing efforts in 2013
A new survey from marketing technology firm Balihoo Inc. reveals over 91% of national brands plan to increase local marketing efforts in 2013, with digital leading the way.
In their study, "National Brand Use of Digital in Local Marketing", Balihoo found that almost half (47.3%) of marketers plan to spend more on local marketing next year than this year while 44% intend to spend the same.
Furthermore, over two-thirds (67.5%) said digital tactics will play a big part and be "extremely" or "very" important to their brand's success.
When asked what digital tactics they weren't already using but would like to implement next year the national brands ranked mobile, local blogs and online customer reviews as their top three priorities.
What's just as interesting is that key digital tactics, that underpin local marketing, were not ranked a priority for national brand marketers - local search and local websites.
"Balihoo's survey results are in line with other industry research showing the growing importance of local marketing for national brands, but what's particularly interesting and even surprising is how national brands are prioritizing their local marketing tactics," said Pete Gombert, Balihoo's CEO. "Looking at use of digital tactics for local marketing, we found that local websites and local search registration are not top priorities for national brands, yet they form the foundation for a strong local marketing infrastructure."
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
- Facebook trials 'Buy' button within advertisers' posts and ads
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...