News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
91% of national brands to up local marketing efforts in 2013
A new survey from marketing technology firm Balihoo Inc. reveals over 91% of national brands plan to increase local marketing efforts in 2013, with digital leading the way.
In their study, "National Brand Use of Digital in Local Marketing", Balihoo found that almost half (47.3%) of marketers plan to spend more on local marketing next year than this year while 44% intend to spend the same.
Furthermore, over two-thirds (67.5%) said digital tactics will play a big part and be "extremely" or "very" important to their brand's success.
When asked what digital tactics they weren't already using but would like to implement next year the national brands ranked mobile, local blogs and online customer reviews as their top three priorities.
What's just as interesting is that key digital tactics, that underpin local marketing, were not ranked a priority for national brand marketers - local search and local websites.
"Balihoo's survey results are in line with other industry research showing the growing importance of local marketing for national brands, but what's particularly interesting and even surprising is how national brands are prioritizing their local marketing tactics," said Pete Gombert, Balihoo's CEO. "Looking at use of digital tactics for local marketing, we found that local websites and local search registration are not top priorities for national brands, yet they form the foundation for a strong local marketing infrastructure."
- Study: CNP fraud to push $7b within 4 years
- Survey: Disconnect between brands, consumers about UGC
- 69% of consumers excited about experiencing virtual reality
- Consumers have already started back-to-school shopping
- How Facebook topic data is impacting social
- Advertising Roundup: Analytics and mobile engagement
- How reviews from gift-givers can help brands
- iPhone replaces iPad as ecommerce device of choice
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...