News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
91% of national brands to up local marketing efforts in 2013
A new survey from marketing technology firm Balihoo Inc. reveals over 91% of national brands plan to increase local marketing efforts in 2013, with digital leading the way.
In their study, "National Brand Use of Digital in Local Marketing", Balihoo found that almost half (47.3%) of marketers plan to spend more on local marketing next year than this year while 44% intend to spend the same.
Furthermore, over two-thirds (67.5%) said digital tactics will play a big part and be "extremely" or "very" important to their brand's success.
When asked what digital tactics they weren't already using but would like to implement next year the national brands ranked mobile, local blogs and online customer reviews as their top three priorities.
What's just as interesting is that key digital tactics, that underpin local marketing, were not ranked a priority for national brand marketers - local search and local websites.
"Balihoo's survey results are in line with other industry research showing the growing importance of local marketing for national brands, but what's particularly interesting and even surprising is how national brands are prioritizing their local marketing tactics," said Pete Gombert, Balihoo's CEO. "Looking at use of digital tactics for local marketing, we found that local websites and local search registration are not top priorities for national brands, yet they form the foundation for a strong local marketing infrastructure."
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...