News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
91% of national brands to up local marketing efforts in 2013
A new survey from marketing technology firm Balihoo Inc. reveals over 91% of national brands plan to increase local marketing efforts in 2013, with digital leading the way.
In their study, "National Brand Use of Digital in Local Marketing", Balihoo found that almost half (47.3%) of marketers plan to spend more on local marketing next year than this year while 44% intend to spend the same.
Furthermore, over two-thirds (67.5%) said digital tactics will play a big part and be "extremely" or "very" important to their brand's success.
When asked what digital tactics they weren't already using but would like to implement next year the national brands ranked mobile, local blogs and online customer reviews as their top three priorities.
What's just as interesting is that key digital tactics, that underpin local marketing, were not ranked a priority for national brand marketers - local search and local websites.
"Balihoo's survey results are in line with other industry research showing the growing importance of local marketing for national brands, but what's particularly interesting and even surprising is how national brands are prioritizing their local marketing tactics," said Pete Gombert, Balihoo's CEO. "Looking at use of digital tactics for local marketing, we found that local websites and local search registration are not top priorities for national brands, yet they form the foundation for a strong local marketing infrastructure."
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...