News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
6 in 10 Australians unfamiliar with QR codes
A recent poll among Australians by Econsultancy and research group Toluna reveals that many down under are unfamiliar with QR codes despite their increasing use in marketing campaigns.
More than 6 in 10 Australians (62%) don't know what a QR, or Quick Response, code is, nor how to use one, found the poll of 1,050 adults.
"Despite a general enthusiasm amongst marketers for the mobile channel, it turns out that the majority of consumers seemingly don't even know what a QR code is," wrote Jake Hird, Econsultancy Australia's director of research and education, in a recent blog post.
Not surprisingly, awareness of QR codes was highest among younger demographics - 51% among 18-34 year olds compared with 34% among 35-53 year olds and 17% among those over the age of 55.
Of the 38% of respondents who did know what a QR code is, and how to use one, 51% had used one within the 3 months previous to the poll. In terms of gender, 44% of males know what a QR codes are and how to use them, compared to 35% of females.
In other technology news from Australia, a recent Experian study, "Retail in Australia: It's Time to Embrace the Digital Future", found that over half (53%) of retailers in Australia don't have an online sales channel, despite two-thirds admitting that international online retailers have affected their business. In fact, a third of the 30 top retail websites used by Australians are based outside of Australia.
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...