News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
6 in 10 Australians unfamiliar with QR codes
A recent poll among Australians by Econsultancy and research group Toluna reveals that many down under are unfamiliar with QR codes despite their increasing use in marketing campaigns.
More than 6 in 10 Australians (62%) don't know what a QR, or Quick Response, code is, nor how to use one, found the poll of 1,050 adults.
"Despite a general enthusiasm amongst marketers for the mobile channel, it turns out that the majority of consumers seemingly don't even know what a QR code is," wrote Jake Hird, Econsultancy Australia's director of research and education, in a recent blog post.
Not surprisingly, awareness of QR codes was highest among younger demographics - 51% among 18-34 year olds compared with 34% among 35-53 year olds and 17% among those over the age of 55.
Of the 38% of respondents who did know what a QR code is, and how to use one, 51% had used one within the 3 months previous to the poll. In terms of gender, 44% of males know what a QR codes are and how to use them, compared to 35% of females.
In other technology news from Australia, a recent Experian study, "Retail in Australia: It's Time to Embrace the Digital Future", found that over half (53%) of retailers in Australia don't have an online sales channel, despite two-thirds admitting that international online retailers have affected their business. In fact, a third of the 30 top retail websites used by Australians are based outside of Australia.
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...