News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
6 in 10 Australians unfamiliar with QR codes
A recent poll among Australians by Econsultancy and research group Toluna reveals that many down under are unfamiliar with QR codes despite their increasing use in marketing campaigns.
More than 6 in 10 Australians (62%) don't know what a QR, or Quick Response, code is, nor how to use one, found the poll of 1,050 adults.
"Despite a general enthusiasm amongst marketers for the mobile channel, it turns out that the majority of consumers seemingly don't even know what a QR code is," wrote Jake Hird, Econsultancy Australia's director of research and education, in a recent blog post.
Not surprisingly, awareness of QR codes was highest among younger demographics - 51% among 18-34 year olds compared with 34% among 35-53 year olds and 17% among those over the age of 55.
Of the 38% of respondents who did know what a QR code is, and how to use one, 51% had used one within the 3 months previous to the poll. In terms of gender, 44% of males know what a QR codes are and how to use them, compared to 35% of females.
In other technology news from Australia, a recent Experian study, "Retail in Australia: It's Time to Embrace the Digital Future", found that over half (53%) of retailers in Australia don't have an online sales channel, despite two-thirds admitting that international online retailers have affected their business. In fact, a third of the 30 top retail websites used by Australians are based outside of Australia.
- Mobile Roundup: Mobile wallets upping the retail ante
- Report: US, UK users vulnerable because of passwords
- Study: Images linked to email success
- Millennial Media: Video increases engagement
- UK brands fail to improve customer service response rates
- 53% of marketers crave more customer data
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...