News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YouTube launches new audience engagement analytics tool
YouTube has introduced a number of new tools to their analytics suite, including the ability to see how long viewers spend watching video content.
While it's important to know how many viewers an online video has, it's just as important to know whether viewers are hanging around to watch, and for how long they're engaged.
In a blog post about their new audience engagement analytics tool, YouTube project manager, Ted Hamilton, writes, "Earlier this year we started focusing on the time users spend watching YouTube when we suggest videos. To give you additional insight into engagement for your videos, we've enhanced the "Views" report to show more time watched data. You can see "Estimated minutes watched" from the "Views" report or choose other data options from the "Compare metric" drop-down menu."
In addition, content creators that use annotations in online video will now be able to see how often viewers click on, or close, those annotations.
"If viewers are watching more YouTube, it signals to us that they're happier with the content they've found," says Eric Meyerson, head of creator marketing communications at YouTube. "It means that creators are attracting more engaged audiences. It also opens up more opportunities to generate revenue for our partners."
- Expert: Why real time isn't fast enough
- What new crowdfunding rules mean for SMBs
- Study IDs how retailers can compete with Amazon
- Expert: How to determine if calls are leads or not
- Expert: Travel brands need responsive design
- Poor advertising among travel brands hinders data collection
- Unplug for your health and mental well-being, urges parenting website
- Questionable activity on social media turns consumers away from brands
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...