News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YouTube launches new audience engagement analytics tool
YouTube has introduced a number of new tools to their analytics suite, including the ability to see how long viewers spend watching video content.
While it's important to know how many viewers an online video has, it's just as important to know whether viewers are hanging around to watch, and for how long they're engaged.
In a blog post about their new audience engagement analytics tool, YouTube project manager, Ted Hamilton, writes, "Earlier this year we started focusing on the time users spend watching YouTube when we suggest videos. To give you additional insight into engagement for your videos, we've enhanced the "Views" report to show more time watched data. You can see "Estimated minutes watched" from the "Views" report or choose other data options from the "Compare metric" drop-down menu."
In addition, content creators that use annotations in online video will now be able to see how often viewers click on, or close, those annotations.
"If viewers are watching more YouTube, it signals to us that they're happier with the content they've found," says Eric Meyerson, head of creator marketing communications at YouTube. "It means that creators are attracting more engaged audiences. It also opens up more opportunities to generate revenue for our partners."
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...