News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yesmail: Marketing campaigns deployed on wrong day, wrong time
With just 74 days until Christmas, the race is on to get marketing messages in front of online consumers. Marketers may have their creative, messaging and offers fine-tuned, but new research from Yesmail Interactive reveals campaigns are not being deployed at optimal times.
Marketers and advertisers using online and social channels aren't keeping up with shifting consumer shopping behavior, if a new report from Yesmail is anything to go by.
The email marketing company polled over 500 consumers about their shopping habits, both during the holiday season and in general, and tracked and analyzed the digital marketing campaigns of 20 leading brands over a three-month period.
They found that the times online shoppers prefer to make purchases and interact with brands don't tally with deployment times.
While almost 40% of online shoppers prefer to make purchases between the hours of 6am and 10pm, just 5% of email campaigns were deployed during this time.
Furthermore, consumers prefer to interact with brands much later in the day than most campaigns are deployed. Yesmail found that while 60% of consumers prefer to interact with brands on social media between the hours of 6pm and 2am, the majority (60%) of campaigns on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter are deployed during the day between the hours of 10am and 6pm.
Research by Yesmail earlier this year also revealed many marketers are sending out social campaigns on the wrong day.
The best day to start a Facebook campaign is Tuesday, found Yesmail, yet that day is fourth in terms of when campaigns are currently being deployed. Similarly, most Twitter campaigns are currently sent out on Fridays, yet this is the least engaging day in terms of Re-Tweets.
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...