News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
What the 2012 holiday season holds for email marketers
Email has been on an upswing throughout 2012. Overall, Responsys shows double-digit increases in retail email sends since the first of the year, and moving into the busy holiday shopping season email may become even more important in merchants engaging shoppers.
Kristina: Heading into the busy holiday season, what trends are you seeing in email marketing?
Colleen Petitt, Director, Email and Digital Services, Aprimo: Probably the biggest trend in email during this holiday season is the channel's dramatic shift to mobile devices. According to a study by Litmus, more email is now read on mobile (36 percent) than on a desktop (33 percent) or via webmail (31 percent), and opens in mobile devices have increased a full 80 percent in the last six months. This presents a huge opportunity for marketers to weave emails deeper into the customer experience.
Kristina: How important do you think email will be to merchants/retailers this holiday season?
Colleen: Email might very well be more important during the 2012 holiday season than ever before. Increased access to emails on the go means that shoppers will interact with marketing emails more quickly or even while they're in the store. It also means that marketers need to be ready to reach consumers on any conceivable device. One of the key methods for taking advantage of this opportunity is responsive design, smart coding technology that automatically adjusts email layouts based on the device used for viewing.
More from Colleen and Aprimo tomorrow, including how to make your email messaging stand out in the holiday crowd.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...