News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
What the 2012 holiday season holds for email marketers
Email has been on an upswing throughout 2012. Overall, Responsys shows double-digit increases in retail email sends since the first of the year, and moving into the busy holiday shopping season email may become even more important in merchants engaging shoppers.
Kristina: Heading into the busy holiday season, what trends are you seeing in email marketing?
Colleen Petitt, Director, Email and Digital Services, Aprimo: Probably the biggest trend in email during this holiday season is the channel's dramatic shift to mobile devices. According to a study by Litmus, more email is now read on mobile (36 percent) than on a desktop (33 percent) or via webmail (31 percent), and opens in mobile devices have increased a full 80 percent in the last six months. This presents a huge opportunity for marketers to weave emails deeper into the customer experience.
Kristina: How important do you think email will be to merchants/retailers this holiday season?
Colleen: Email might very well be more important during the 2012 holiday season than ever before. Increased access to emails on the go means that shoppers will interact with marketing emails more quickly or even while they're in the store. It also means that marketers need to be ready to reach consumers on any conceivable device. One of the key methods for taking advantage of this opportunity is responsive design, smart coding technology that automatically adjusts email layouts based on the device used for viewing.
More from Colleen and Aprimo tomorrow, including how to make your email messaging stand out in the holiday crowd.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...