News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
What the 2012 holiday season holds for email marketers
Email has been on an upswing throughout 2012. Overall, Responsys shows double-digit increases in retail email sends since the first of the year, and moving into the busy holiday shopping season email may become even more important in merchants engaging shoppers.
Kristina: Heading into the busy holiday season, what trends are you seeing in email marketing?
Colleen Petitt, Director, Email and Digital Services, Aprimo: Probably the biggest trend in email during this holiday season is the channel's dramatic shift to mobile devices. According to a study by Litmus, more email is now read on mobile (36 percent) than on a desktop (33 percent) or via webmail (31 percent), and opens in mobile devices have increased a full 80 percent in the last six months. This presents a huge opportunity for marketers to weave emails deeper into the customer experience.
Kristina: How important do you think email will be to merchants/retailers this holiday season?
Colleen: Email might very well be more important during the 2012 holiday season than ever before. Increased access to emails on the go means that shoppers will interact with marketing emails more quickly or even while they're in the store. It also means that marketers need to be ready to reach consumers on any conceivable device. One of the key methods for taking advantage of this opportunity is responsive design, smart coding technology that automatically adjusts email layouts based on the device used for viewing.
More from Colleen and Aprimo tomorrow, including how to make your email messaging stand out in the holiday crowd.
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...