News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
What the 2012 holiday season holds for email marketers
Email has been on an upswing throughout 2012. Overall, Responsys shows double-digit increases in retail email sends since the first of the year, and moving into the busy holiday shopping season email may become even more important in merchants engaging shoppers.
Kristina: Heading into the busy holiday season, what trends are you seeing in email marketing?
Colleen Petitt, Director, Email and Digital Services, Aprimo: Probably the biggest trend in email during this holiday season is the channel's dramatic shift to mobile devices. According to a study by Litmus, more email is now read on mobile (36 percent) than on a desktop (33 percent) or via webmail (31 percent), and opens in mobile devices have increased a full 80 percent in the last six months. This presents a huge opportunity for marketers to weave emails deeper into the customer experience.
Kristina: How important do you think email will be to merchants/retailers this holiday season?
Colleen: Email might very well be more important during the 2012 holiday season than ever before. Increased access to emails on the go means that shoppers will interact with marketing emails more quickly or even while they're in the store. It also means that marketers need to be ready to reach consumers on any conceivable device. One of the key methods for taking advantage of this opportunity is responsive design, smart coding technology that automatically adjusts email layouts based on the device used for viewing.
More from Colleen and Aprimo tomorrow, including how to make your email messaging stand out in the holiday crowd.
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....