News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
What the 2012 holiday season holds for email marketers
Email has been on an upswing throughout 2012. Overall, Responsys shows double-digit increases in retail email sends since the first of the year, and moving into the busy holiday shopping season email may become even more important in merchants engaging shoppers.
Kristina: Heading into the busy holiday season, what trends are you seeing in email marketing?
Colleen Petitt, Director, Email and Digital Services, Aprimo: Probably the biggest trend in email during this holiday season is the channel's dramatic shift to mobile devices. According to a study by Litmus, more email is now read on mobile (36 percent) than on a desktop (33 percent) or via webmail (31 percent), and opens in mobile devices have increased a full 80 percent in the last six months. This presents a huge opportunity for marketers to weave emails deeper into the customer experience.
Kristina: How important do you think email will be to merchants/retailers this holiday season?
Colleen: Email might very well be more important during the 2012 holiday season than ever before. Increased access to emails on the go means that shoppers will interact with marketing emails more quickly or even while they're in the store. It also means that marketers need to be ready to reach consumers on any conceivable device. One of the key methods for taking advantage of this opportunity is responsive design, smart coding technology that automatically adjusts email layouts based on the device used for viewing.
More from Colleen and Aprimo tomorrow, including how to make your email messaging stand out in the holiday crowd.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...