News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK online retailers advised of holiday season's busiest day
While UK retailers ought to be prepared for busy periods throughout the run up to Christmas, there is one date that Marin Software believes will be the biggest, and busiest, day of all.
According to Marin Software, Monday 3 December, 2012 will be the day on which Cyber Monday falls in the UK this year.
"Our data shows that this was marginally the largest day in the UK in terms of paid search click volumes in 2011, and if I was a betting man, I'd put my money on the 3rd of December 2012 as being the biggest online shopping day for the upcoming festive season," says marketing insights contributor, Simon Whittick.
Analysis revealed that last year Monday 5 December 2011 was the biggest day for clicks on search ads, second only to the volumes of paid search clicks on Monday 12 December, 2011. Online marketers are warned to keep an eye out on both of these dates.
Marin Software also warns UK advertisers that Monday 26 November will be a busy day, particularly for U.S. purchases as large online American retailers roll out promotions and offers to the UK market.
"The US version of Cyber Monday - the Monday following Thanksgiving - continues to rise to prominence in the UK. As US retailers such as Amazon, eBay and Toy 'R' Us roll their US Cyber Monday promotions into the UK market, there is increased confusion as to when Cyber Monday falls in the UK, or if there even is such a thing as Cyber Monday in the UK," says Whittick.
"However, all online marketers in the UK should have November 26th on their calendar as a day to watch in 2012. Many predicted it would be the biggest in the UK last year."
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...