News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tapjoy: M-Commerce to grow 300% by 2015
Mobile is predicted to have a big impact on holiday shopping for 2012, but the bigger picture shows sharp increases in mobile spending over the next three years. According to new data out from Tapjoy mobile commerce (US) could increase by as much as 362% over the next three years.
While many shoppers brave the crowds at shopping malls and local stores during the upcoming holiday season, a growing number will turn to mobile for holiday buys - or at least product research. According to new data from Tapjoy one in five apparel buyers taps into mobile at least daily for product buys or research.
The Tapjoy study further shows:
• 54% of Tapjoy customers shopped via mobile in the previous six months
• 45 million smartphone users looked into the shopping app category (June 2012); nearly half use these apps
• On average, smartphone users access shopping apps 17 times per month
• 64% of those polled said they would make mobile purchases over the 2012 holidays
While 'on mobile' users are comparing prices (61%) and accessing promotions/coupons (51%) the most. But, shoppers are also accessing reviews, scanning mobile barcodes and taking product pictures while shopping.
One more thing: don't forget the mobile deals. According to the report mobile shoppers are savvy shoppers - they're looking for deals. Most look for free shipping (63%) offers, but nearly half also look for coupons or promotional pricing. Less than 10% opt for mobile product videos, though, so don't stress about video content - at least for this holiday season.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...