News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tapjoy: M-Commerce to grow 300% by 2015
Mobile is predicted to have a big impact on holiday shopping for 2012, but the bigger picture shows sharp increases in mobile spending over the next three years. According to new data out from Tapjoy mobile commerce (US) could increase by as much as 362% over the next three years.
While many shoppers brave the crowds at shopping malls and local stores during the upcoming holiday season, a growing number will turn to mobile for holiday buys - or at least product research. According to new data from Tapjoy one in five apparel buyers taps into mobile at least daily for product buys or research.
The Tapjoy study further shows:
• 54% of Tapjoy customers shopped via mobile in the previous six months
• 45 million smartphone users looked into the shopping app category (June 2012); nearly half use these apps
• On average, smartphone users access shopping apps 17 times per month
• 64% of those polled said they would make mobile purchases over the 2012 holidays
While 'on mobile' users are comparing prices (61%) and accessing promotions/coupons (51%) the most. But, shoppers are also accessing reviews, scanning mobile barcodes and taking product pictures while shopping.
One more thing: don't forget the mobile deals. According to the report mobile shoppers are savvy shoppers - they're looking for deals. Most look for free shipping (63%) offers, but nearly half also look for coupons or promotional pricing. Less than 10% opt for mobile product videos, though, so don't stress about video content - at least for this holiday season.
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...