News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tapjoy: M-Commerce to grow 300% by 2015
Mobile is predicted to have a big impact on holiday shopping for 2012, but the bigger picture shows sharp increases in mobile spending over the next three years. According to new data out from Tapjoy mobile commerce (US) could increase by as much as 362% over the next three years.
While many shoppers brave the crowds at shopping malls and local stores during the upcoming holiday season, a growing number will turn to mobile for holiday buys - or at least product research. According to new data from Tapjoy one in five apparel buyers taps into mobile at least daily for product buys or research.
The Tapjoy study further shows:
• 54% of Tapjoy customers shopped via mobile in the previous six months
• 45 million smartphone users looked into the shopping app category (June 2012); nearly half use these apps
• On average, smartphone users access shopping apps 17 times per month
• 64% of those polled said they would make mobile purchases over the 2012 holidays
While 'on mobile' users are comparing prices (61%) and accessing promotions/coupons (51%) the most. But, shoppers are also accessing reviews, scanning mobile barcodes and taking product pictures while shopping.
One more thing: don't forget the mobile deals. According to the report mobile shoppers are savvy shoppers - they're looking for deals. Most look for free shipping (63%) offers, but nearly half also look for coupons or promotional pricing. Less than 10% opt for mobile product videos, though, so don't stress about video content - at least for this holiday season.
- Seniors unhappy with stereotypes used in advertising
- Top 3 SaaS myths debunked
- Traits independent retailers need to compete
- Report illustrates traditional vs. digital media consumption
- New tool to optimize, monitor content
- Study: Privacy concerns high for wearable tech
- Internet of Things not just for the tech-savvy
- Retale: 73% of parents to use mobile for back-to-school shopping
Featured White Papers
- Three Converged Media Campaigns Worth Emulating
The old adage, "you get what you pay for" may no longer be true when it comes to traditional paid...