News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Americans optimistic about economy
When it comes to the economy most American's are optimistic that change will be good over the next year. According to new data from GfK pollsing almost half of US adults (49%) believe the economy will improve over the next year, although about 21% don't believe they'll personally see improvement.
About one-quarter of those surveyed said they expect the economy to remain the same and 15% believe it will get worse.
With another debate coming up in the race for the Presidency, the study suggests Republican nominee Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama should spend a little time telling votes about their economic plans - and how those plans might affect voters.
So, who are these voters who believe the economy will improve but that they won't 'see' it personally? Most (76%) are workers - about one-third between the ages of 30 and 49. They also believe consumer prices - gas, groceries, etc. - will increase over the next year.
"The town hall format of the second debate is the perfect forum for the presidential candidates to speak to what their policies will mean for Americans' personal finances," said Christopher Fleury, Vice President of GfK Public Affairs & Corporate Communications. "Voters want to see that the candidates 'get it' that an improving economy overall needs to improve the financial well-being of individual Americans, too."
Meanwhile Generation Opportunity indicates younger voters should be highlighted by both Republicans and Democrats - because their un- and under-employment rates are among the highest. According to employment data Americans between ages 18-29 have nearly 12% unemployment; unemployment rates for African-American youths stands at 21% (NSA) and for Hispanic youths at 12% (NSA).
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...