News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Super storm Sandy stops Google press conference
As super storm Sandy ransacks the East Coast of the U.S., many businesses and retailers, including major stock exchanges, have shut down. The monster storm has also halted a Google media event in its tracks.
Google was forced to cancel a major media event in New York City on Monday night, as residents along the East Coast were urged to hunker down and ride out the storm.
The company was due to unveil new smartphones during the press conference, but plans are now on hold.
Instead, Google made an announcement on its official blog including upgrades to Nexus products, including a new smartphone and a new tablet.
"Today, we're excited to announce three great new Nexus devices ... in small, medium and large," writes Andy Rubin, SVP, Mobile and Digital Content at Google. "And they all run Android 4.2, a new flavor of Jelly Bean - which includes the latest version of Google Now and other great new features."
This isn't the first time Google has had to cancel plans to launch a new product. Last year, the death of Steve Jobs halted a new product release.
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
- How to tell if interactions are successful or not
- Report: In case of emergency, try cell
- Retailers failing to maximize use of social shopping websites
- Home pages of retail websites failing to load fast enough
- U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...