News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Super storm Sandy stops Google press conference
As super storm Sandy ransacks the East Coast of the U.S., many businesses and retailers, including major stock exchanges, have shut down. The monster storm has also halted a Google media event in its tracks.
Google was forced to cancel a major media event in New York City on Monday night, as residents along the East Coast were urged to hunker down and ride out the storm.
The company was due to unveil new smartphones during the press conference, but plans are now on hold.
Instead, Google made an announcement on its official blog including upgrades to Nexus products, including a new smartphone and a new tablet.
"Today, we're excited to announce three great new Nexus devices ... in small, medium and large," writes Andy Rubin, SVP, Mobile and Digital Content at Google. "And they all run Android 4.2, a new flavor of Jelly Bean - which includes the latest version of Google Now and other great new features."
This isn't the first time Google has had to cancel plans to launch a new product. Last year, the death of Steve Jobs halted a new product release.
- Researchers use Yelp to predict a restaurant's chances of survival
- Are your employees stifling yawns during status meetings?
- Survey reveals the odd places consumers shop by mobile
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
- AdRoll: Study finds retargeting focus for most brands
- Study: Power of Hispanic shoppers growing
- Report: News, media sites opening slow in mobile
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...