News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Super storm Sandy stops Google press conference
As super storm Sandy ransacks the East Coast of the U.S., many businesses and retailers, including major stock exchanges, have shut down. The monster storm has also halted a Google media event in its tracks.
Google was forced to cancel a major media event in New York City on Monday night, as residents along the East Coast were urged to hunker down and ride out the storm.
The company was due to unveil new smartphones during the press conference, but plans are now on hold.
Instead, Google made an announcement on its official blog including upgrades to Nexus products, including a new smartphone and a new tablet.
"Today, we're excited to announce three great new Nexus devices ... in small, medium and large," writes Andy Rubin, SVP, Mobile and Digital Content at Google. "And they all run Android 4.2, a new flavor of Jelly Bean - which includes the latest version of Google Now and other great new features."
This isn't the first time Google has had to cancel plans to launch a new product. Last year, the death of Steve Jobs halted a new product release.
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...