News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Super storm Sandy stops Google press conference
As super storm Sandy ransacks the East Coast of the U.S., many businesses and retailers, including major stock exchanges, have shut down. The monster storm has also halted a Google media event in its tracks.
Google was forced to cancel a major media event in New York City on Monday night, as residents along the East Coast were urged to hunker down and ride out the storm.
The company was due to unveil new smartphones during the press conference, but plans are now on hold.
Instead, Google made an announcement on its official blog including upgrades to Nexus products, including a new smartphone and a new tablet.
"Today, we're excited to announce three great new Nexus devices ... in small, medium and large," writes Andy Rubin, SVP, Mobile and Digital Content at Google. "And they all run Android 4.2, a new flavor of Jelly Bean - which includes the latest version of Google Now and other great new features."
This isn't the first time Google has had to cancel plans to launch a new product. Last year, the death of Steve Jobs halted a new product release.
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...