News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Super storm Sandy stops Google press conference
As super storm Sandy ransacks the East Coast of the U.S., many businesses and retailers, including major stock exchanges, have shut down. The monster storm has also halted a Google media event in its tracks.
Google was forced to cancel a major media event in New York City on Monday night, as residents along the East Coast were urged to hunker down and ride out the storm.
The company was due to unveil new smartphones during the press conference, but plans are now on hold.
Instead, Google made an announcement on its official blog including upgrades to Nexus products, including a new smartphone and a new tablet.
"Today, we're excited to announce three great new Nexus devices ... in small, medium and large," writes Andy Rubin, SVP, Mobile and Digital Content at Google. "And they all run Android 4.2, a new flavor of Jelly Bean - which includes the latest version of Google Now and other great new features."
This isn't the first time Google has had to cancel plans to launch a new product. Last year, the death of Steve Jobs halted a new product release.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...