News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Women check socnets, email more often than men
Just one more reason to target women, advertisers: not only are women making the bulk of purchases in households, but women are also checking in on social media and email more often. Meaning brands in the social and email spaces have a better chance at engaging women than men.
That according to new data out from MyLife and Harris Interactive. According to the report 95% of female respondents were members of Facebook while only 86% of men were; most women (67%) logged on to the social network at least once per day. Only about half of male Facebookers are daily visitors.
As for email, men and women both average three email accounts, but nearly all (83%) of women check their primary email at least once per day compared to 75% of men.
"They say men are from Mars and women are from Venus, and clearly those different communication styles ring true online as well," said Jeff Tinsley, CEO of MyLife. "Women are more afflicted with FOMO than men, reporting a greater fear of missing out on something important reported online and logging in more frequently to check both Facebook and their email accounts. And, while many social networks are as popular with men and women, they're using them for different reasons."
Other interesting findings include:
• 13% of women say they logon to Facebook less than once/week; 20% of men do the same
• 25% of women say they check social networks before email and as soon as they wake up
• 44% of women say they use Pinterest for content consumption
• Men are more likely to check Twitter than women
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...