News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Women check socnets, email more often than men
Just one more reason to target women, advertisers: not only are women making the bulk of purchases in households, but women are also checking in on social media and email more often. Meaning brands in the social and email spaces have a better chance at engaging women than men.
That according to new data out from MyLife and Harris Interactive. According to the report 95% of female respondents were members of Facebook while only 86% of men were; most women (67%) logged on to the social network at least once per day. Only about half of male Facebookers are daily visitors.
As for email, men and women both average three email accounts, but nearly all (83%) of women check their primary email at least once per day compared to 75% of men.
"They say men are from Mars and women are from Venus, and clearly those different communication styles ring true online as well," said Jeff Tinsley, CEO of MyLife. "Women are more afflicted with FOMO than men, reporting a greater fear of missing out on something important reported online and logging in more frequently to check both Facebook and their email accounts. And, while many social networks are as popular with men and women, they're using them for different reasons."
Other interesting findings include:
• 13% of women say they logon to Facebook less than once/week; 20% of men do the same
• 25% of women say they check social networks before email and as soon as they wake up
• 44% of women say they use Pinterest for content consumption
• Men are more likely to check Twitter than women
- Yahoo introduces one-stop business listing dashboard for SMBs
- Nielsen reveals habits of second-screeners
- Why your coupons need mobile
- Jivox, vSplash push interactivity with platforms
- Amazon facilitates social gifting on Facebook
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...