News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Social networkers want branded social pages
When it comes to the social space, those consumers who are 'involved' with brands there want more. According to new data from Lab42 about half of Facebook users say branded social pages with the social network are 'more useful' than actual branded websites.
Most (87%) of social networkers who responded to researchers said they have 'liked' brands on Facebook and 82% say Facebook is a 'good place to interact' with brands. Other interesting findings from Lab42include:
• 75% say they 'feel more connected' to brands
• 69% say they've liked brands within Facebook because a friend has done the same
• 34% believe brands 'listen to them' on Facebook
• 46% say they've liked a brand but wanted a freebie or didn't think they could afford the products
• 73% say they've un-liked a brand because of too many branded postings
Why are people liking brands within the largest social network? Peer pressure may be part of it, but deals are a greater incentive. More than one-third (34%) say they've liked brands to get promotions and discounts, 21% for freebies/giveaways and 14% for loyalty rewards - that is well over 60% of respondents who are friends to get something more from brands, and that presents more opportunities for the brands in the social space.
These fans are printing coupons and leaving comments, but the social space can also be a place for brands to tell more about new products, offer more content - video, Q&As or other incentivized content - and create a deeper engagement. Those coming to a store or website with a coupon in-hand may then buy more products.
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...