News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Social networkers want branded social pages
When it comes to the social space, those consumers who are 'involved' with brands there want more. According to new data from Lab42 about half of Facebook users say branded social pages with the social network are 'more useful' than actual branded websites.
Most (87%) of social networkers who responded to researchers said they have 'liked' brands on Facebook and 82% say Facebook is a 'good place to interact' with brands. Other interesting findings from Lab42include:
• 75% say they 'feel more connected' to brands
• 69% say they've liked brands within Facebook because a friend has done the same
• 34% believe brands 'listen to them' on Facebook
• 46% say they've liked a brand but wanted a freebie or didn't think they could afford the products
• 73% say they've un-liked a brand because of too many branded postings
Why are people liking brands within the largest social network? Peer pressure may be part of it, but deals are a greater incentive. More than one-third (34%) say they've liked brands to get promotions and discounts, 21% for freebies/giveaways and 14% for loyalty rewards - that is well over 60% of respondents who are friends to get something more from brands, and that presents more opportunities for the brands in the social space.
These fans are printing coupons and leaving comments, but the social space can also be a place for brands to tell more about new products, offer more content - video, Q&As or other incentivized content - and create a deeper engagement. Those coming to a store or website with a coupon in-hand may then buy more products.
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...