News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Local searchers may surprise
A new study out from YP and Street Fight finds about one-quarter of local searches are performed by 'avid local searchers' and that they're searching across devices for local businesses and information.
"This study reinforces our understanding that there are consumers who rely on different devices for different stages of the local search process - from browsing and planning to decision-making and connecting with businesses," said Rohan Chandran, Executive Director of Consumer Products, at YP. "Understanding this emerging segment of Avid Users can provide insights on the local advertising ecosystem and could help merchants develop multi-screen search strategies for targeting a highly engaged audience. These findings complement the search trends we're tracking on the YP website and on YP apps to better define the role and opportunity for each device in connecting merchants with potential customers."
According to the results Avid Local Searchers:
• 85% of Avids who also own tablets run local searches at least daily
• 15% of 'Average' searchers do so
• 86% of Avids who also own a smartphone query local searches at least daily
• 19% of 'Average' searchers do so
Avis local searchers are also more likely to be employed full-time than average users and are more likely to be college graduates. They're also likely to be younger than average searchers, which could indicate that younger consumers are more cognizant of how mobile devices can help them than older consumers.
"Local search continues to deliver an increasingly sophisticated means of hyperlocal marketing to the local consumer," said Laura Rich, CEO of Street Fight. "This report reveals a growing opportunity for businesses in this industry and for local businesses and marketers to efficiently draw consumers to their products and services."
Finally Avids are more likely to use shopping apps (91% use) and to engage with daily deal offerings (38% use); they're also more likely to check in to a business from a site like Foursquare or Twitter than average users.
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...