News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Local searchers may surprise
A new study out from YP and Street Fight finds about one-quarter of local searches are performed by 'avid local searchers' and that they're searching across devices for local businesses and information.
"This study reinforces our understanding that there are consumers who rely on different devices for different stages of the local search process - from browsing and planning to decision-making and connecting with businesses," said Rohan Chandran, Executive Director of Consumer Products, at YP. "Understanding this emerging segment of Avid Users can provide insights on the local advertising ecosystem and could help merchants develop multi-screen search strategies for targeting a highly engaged audience. These findings complement the search trends we're tracking on the YP website and on YP apps to better define the role and opportunity for each device in connecting merchants with potential customers."
According to the results Avid Local Searchers:
• 85% of Avids who also own tablets run local searches at least daily
• 15% of 'Average' searchers do so
• 86% of Avids who also own a smartphone query local searches at least daily
• 19% of 'Average' searchers do so
Avis local searchers are also more likely to be employed full-time than average users and are more likely to be college graduates. They're also likely to be younger than average searchers, which could indicate that younger consumers are more cognizant of how mobile devices can help them than older consumers.
"Local search continues to deliver an increasingly sophisticated means of hyperlocal marketing to the local consumer," said Laura Rich, CEO of Street Fight. "This report reveals a growing opportunity for businesses in this industry and for local businesses and marketers to efficiently draw consumers to their products and services."
Finally Avids are more likely to use shopping apps (91% use) and to engage with daily deal offerings (38% use); they're also more likely to check in to a business from a site like Foursquare or Twitter than average users.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...