News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Local searchers may surprise
A new study out from YP and Street Fight finds about one-quarter of local searches are performed by 'avid local searchers' and that they're searching across devices for local businesses and information.
"This study reinforces our understanding that there are consumers who rely on different devices for different stages of the local search process - from browsing and planning to decision-making and connecting with businesses," said Rohan Chandran, Executive Director of Consumer Products, at YP. "Understanding this emerging segment of Avid Users can provide insights on the local advertising ecosystem and could help merchants develop multi-screen search strategies for targeting a highly engaged audience. These findings complement the search trends we're tracking on the YP website and on YP apps to better define the role and opportunity for each device in connecting merchants with potential customers."
According to the results Avid Local Searchers:
• 85% of Avids who also own tablets run local searches at least daily
• 15% of 'Average' searchers do so
• 86% of Avids who also own a smartphone query local searches at least daily
• 19% of 'Average' searchers do so
Avis local searchers are also more likely to be employed full-time than average users and are more likely to be college graduates. They're also likely to be younger than average searchers, which could indicate that younger consumers are more cognizant of how mobile devices can help them than older consumers.
"Local search continues to deliver an increasingly sophisticated means of hyperlocal marketing to the local consumer," said Laura Rich, CEO of Street Fight. "This report reveals a growing opportunity for businesses in this industry and for local businesses and marketers to efficiently draw consumers to their products and services."
Finally Avids are more likely to use shopping apps (91% use) and to engage with daily deal offerings (38% use); they're also more likely to check in to a business from a site like Foursquare or Twitter than average users.
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...