News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Local searchers may surprise
A new study out from YP and Street Fight finds about one-quarter of local searches are performed by 'avid local searchers' and that they're searching across devices for local businesses and information.
"This study reinforces our understanding that there are consumers who rely on different devices for different stages of the local search process - from browsing and planning to decision-making and connecting with businesses," said Rohan Chandran, Executive Director of Consumer Products, at YP. "Understanding this emerging segment of Avid Users can provide insights on the local advertising ecosystem and could help merchants develop multi-screen search strategies for targeting a highly engaged audience. These findings complement the search trends we're tracking on the YP website and on YP apps to better define the role and opportunity for each device in connecting merchants with potential customers."
According to the results Avid Local Searchers:
• 85% of Avids who also own tablets run local searches at least daily
• 15% of 'Average' searchers do so
• 86% of Avids who also own a smartphone query local searches at least daily
• 19% of 'Average' searchers do so
Avis local searchers are also more likely to be employed full-time than average users and are more likely to be college graduates. They're also likely to be younger than average searchers, which could indicate that younger consumers are more cognizant of how mobile devices can help them than older consumers.
"Local search continues to deliver an increasingly sophisticated means of hyperlocal marketing to the local consumer," said Laura Rich, CEO of Street Fight. "This report reveals a growing opportunity for businesses in this industry and for local businesses and marketers to efficiently draw consumers to their products and services."
Finally Avids are more likely to use shopping apps (91% use) and to engage with daily deal offerings (38% use); they're also more likely to check in to a business from a site like Foursquare or Twitter than average users.
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...