News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Interest in iPad Mini slim
When it comes to tablets, bigger may be better. At least in the case of Apple. According to new data out from TechBargains more people are interested in the iPhone 5 or iPad 3 than are interested in the still-rumored iPad Mini.
If released this week, only about 18% of those surveyed by TechBargains reported interest in the mini version of the iPad; at the same time 45% said they were interested in getting the iPhone 5. Original iPad owners were found to be the most interested in the iPad Mini.
Of those who plan to buy, though, 14% say they'll stand in line on release day to get theirs.
"Given Apple's recent success it would be easy to assume that all new Apple products will be wildly popular. Our survey results indicate that theory is no longer the case," said Yung Trang, president and editor-in-chief ofTechBargains.com. "According to our survey respondents, the so called iPad Mini will not be highly coveted because consumers are questioning the necessity of a smaller iPad, especially if they own an iPad or an iPhone."
Kindle Fire owners were among those least likely to buy an iPad Mini, according to researchers
As for what is pushing interest in the Mini, most are looking for accessories - three-quarters say they're interested in a tablet with a USB slot or memory card slot, they want the Retina screen and better speakers.
As for why so few of those surveyed were interested, price is a sticking point. About 20% say they think the price will be too high for a smaller version of the iPad while one-third say a smaller iPad would simple be too small.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...