News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Starbucks to enable mobile 'digital tip'
Mobile continues to play a major role for the Starbucks coffee chain. Recent announcements prove its success and reveal how the company plans to further expand their mobile offering.
More than 70 million mobile payments have been processed by Starbucks since the launch of its mobile payments option at the start of 2011. That figure is sure to rise dramatically with two new features planned.
As of next month, Starbucks will integrate Square on the Starbucks app. This will allow customers to not only pay via Square but also to use the directory to find a store.
The company's mobile app has also been integrated into Apple's Passbook feature. This will bring up a customer's Starbucks loyalty card on entering a store.
Next year Starbucks is taking its mobile payments system one step further when it allows store visitors to show their satisfaction at point-of-sale. Planned to launch in the summer of 2013, the 'digital tip' function will allow customers to financially reward deserving baristas.
According to data from IDC Financial Insights' latest Consumer Payments Survey, over a third (35%) of Americans have used their mobile device to make a purchase, up from 19% the previous year.
IDC found that mobile apps were used for most mobile payments with almost half of those who had made a point-of-sale purchase using one, far more than had used contactless methods or SMS.
- Yahoo introduces one-stop business listing dashboard for SMBs
- Nielsen reveals habits of second-screeners
- Why your coupons need mobile
- Jivox, vSplash push interactivity with platforms
- Amazon facilitates social gifting on Facebook
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...