News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Starbucks to enable mobile 'digital tip'
Mobile continues to play a major role for the Starbucks coffee chain. Recent announcements prove its success and reveal how the company plans to further expand their mobile offering.
More than 70 million mobile payments have been processed by Starbucks since the launch of its mobile payments option at the start of 2011. That figure is sure to rise dramatically with two new features planned.
As of next month, Starbucks will integrate Square on the Starbucks app. This will allow customers to not only pay via Square but also to use the directory to find a store.
The company's mobile app has also been integrated into Apple's Passbook feature. This will bring up a customer's Starbucks loyalty card on entering a store.
Next year Starbucks is taking its mobile payments system one step further when it allows store visitors to show their satisfaction at point-of-sale. Planned to launch in the summer of 2013, the 'digital tip' function will allow customers to financially reward deserving baristas.
According to data from IDC Financial Insights' latest Consumer Payments Survey, over a third (35%) of Americans have used their mobile device to make a purchase, up from 19% the previous year.
IDC found that mobile apps were used for most mobile payments with almost half of those who had made a point-of-sale purchase using one, far more than had used contactless methods or SMS.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...