News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Spotzot: For mobile focus on sales, deals
When it comes to mobile engagement deals are the key. That according to new research out from Spotzot. The new Spotzot Mobile Shopping Index found that in 8 or 11 indexed categories the mention of a sale or deal increase mobile engagement. Overall most mobile categories showed a higher shopping index and other mediums.
The Spotzot report also indicates that while most brands might focus on female engagement, that isn't always the best case scenario. For example, Spotzot's Mobile Shopping Index found men's shoes outperformed women's shoes for intent.
"The Spotzot Mobile Shopping Index is an important industry indicator that quantifies mobile advertising's potential in a concise and easy-to-understand manner," said Jim Schreitmueller, Spotzot Co-founder and Vice President of Sales. "The index reveals that the average retailer ranks 25 to 64 points below the top performing retailer in each category, proving there are substantial opportunities to drive qualified mobile leads to stores and e-commerce sites."
Other interesting findings include:
• Women's apparel ranked first in mobile shopper interest, Men's apparel ranked second
• Consumer Electronics ranked third for interest
• Automotive shoed 56 (average) and 97 (top) retailer indexes
• Consumer Electronics showed 52 and 77 indexes respectively
• Women's apparel showed a 34 (average index) and 98 (top index)
Heading in to the holiday shopping season, retailers can take information like this to determine if their category is worth a substantial mobile investment and how to approach a mobile campaign. Since sales and coupons have been shown to be effective, it makes sense to target this type of information to higher indexing categories for the best mobile ROI.
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...