News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social additions should increase brand engagement
Two new additions to the social space could change the way brands engage through social. The first is an influencer tool for use within LinkedIn, the other a tool to measure Pinterest interests.
First, from LinkedIn, a way for users to follow influencer's posts within the networking site without having a direct connection to that person. That content can then be commented on and shared, increasing the reach of the influencer and increasing the connections of a particular user.
Early additions to the influencers list include Richard Brandon, Caterina Fake, President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney.
The professional social network has also rolled out new Company Pages through which brands/companies within the LinkedIn site, giving businesses more ways to reach and and engage with consumers; brand networkers can also now feature particular updates within their streams, highlighting these new updates, products or services and promoting to users.
Meanwhile, Unmetric has launched the first measurements for social pinning site Pinterest. The new offering shows brands and pinners how their pins are effecting sales, website traffic and other measurements. The tool also shows how competitors are pinning and how brands can better use Pinterest to drive engagement.
"The digital window-shopping experience offered on Pinterest and the unique audiences it attracts have led to an enormous influx of successful and not-so-successful brand investments," says Lux Narayan, CEO of Unmetric. "Unmetric's new Pinterest platform offers the most comprehensive approach to making sense of these data, by allowing you to benchmark your brand's performance against the businesses most like your own."
Unmetric helps brands better understand what is working in their social strategies so that performance can be improved.
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
- Reports: Consumers want television everywhere
- SMBs: The marketplace is getting tougher
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...