News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social additions should increase brand engagement
Two new additions to the social space could change the way brands engage through social. The first is an influencer tool for use within LinkedIn, the other a tool to measure Pinterest interests.
First, from LinkedIn, a way for users to follow influencer's posts within the networking site without having a direct connection to that person. That content can then be commented on and shared, increasing the reach of the influencer and increasing the connections of a particular user.
Early additions to the influencers list include Richard Brandon, Caterina Fake, President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney.
The professional social network has also rolled out new Company Pages through which brands/companies within the LinkedIn site, giving businesses more ways to reach and and engage with consumers; brand networkers can also now feature particular updates within their streams, highlighting these new updates, products or services and promoting to users.
Meanwhile, Unmetric has launched the first measurements for social pinning site Pinterest. The new offering shows brands and pinners how their pins are effecting sales, website traffic and other measurements. The tool also shows how competitors are pinning and how brands can better use Pinterest to drive engagement.
"The digital window-shopping experience offered on Pinterest and the unique audiences it attracts have led to an enormous influx of successful and not-so-successful brand investments," says Lux Narayan, CEO of Unmetric. "Unmetric's new Pinterest platform offers the most comprehensive approach to making sense of these data, by allowing you to benchmark your brand's performance against the businesses most like your own."
Unmetric helps brands better understand what is working in their social strategies so that performance can be improved.
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...