News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
September email numbers continue on high side
The year of retail email continues according to the latest numbers from Responsys. According to the company September showed strong promotional email numbers, continuing the trend of increased email sends begun in January of this year.
On average, Responsys shows retailers sent more than 15.5 promotional emails to their customers in the month of September, that is a record high for the month. It's also an increase of over 15% YoY. For the year retail emails are up 19% over 2011 numbers.
"Promotional email volume continued to rise at a strong rate during September," said Chad White, Research Director at Responsys. "At this pace, 2012 email volume is set to surpass 2011 volume by Thanksgiving While holiday messaging as a percent of total emails sent is still appropriately in the single digits, a record number of retailers have signaled to their subscribers that it's time to start thinking about Christmas. Many retailers like Macy's are focused on promoting holiday décor, but some retailers like Kmart and Toys "R" Us are already messaging about gift-buying by promoting layaway and preorders for 'hot' toys. By the end of October, more than 65 percent of retailers will have begun their holiday email messaging."
More than one-quarter (28%) or retailers had mentioned the upcoming holiday season in emails by the end of September, the earliest mentions that Responsys has tracked.
Meanwhile, outside of email, retailers showing interest in the social pinning site Pinterest. Responsys reports 55% of retailers are now mentioning Pinterest sites and pins in their promotional emails with 53% mentioning specific pinboards and 17% promoting Pinterest contests.
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
- How to build loyalty through games
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...