News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
September email numbers continue on high side
The year of retail email continues according to the latest numbers from Responsys. According to the company September showed strong promotional email numbers, continuing the trend of increased email sends begun in January of this year.
On average, Responsys shows retailers sent more than 15.5 promotional emails to their customers in the month of September, that is a record high for the month. It's also an increase of over 15% YoY. For the year retail emails are up 19% over 2011 numbers.
"Promotional email volume continued to rise at a strong rate during September," said Chad White, Research Director at Responsys. "At this pace, 2012 email volume is set to surpass 2011 volume by Thanksgiving While holiday messaging as a percent of total emails sent is still appropriately in the single digits, a record number of retailers have signaled to their subscribers that it's time to start thinking about Christmas. Many retailers like Macy's are focused on promoting holiday décor, but some retailers like Kmart and Toys "R" Us are already messaging about gift-buying by promoting layaway and preorders for 'hot' toys. By the end of October, more than 65 percent of retailers will have begun their holiday email messaging."
More than one-quarter (28%) or retailers had mentioned the upcoming holiday season in emails by the end of September, the earliest mentions that Responsys has tracked.
Meanwhile, outside of email, retailers showing interest in the social pinning site Pinterest. Responsys reports 55% of retailers are now mentioning Pinterest sites and pins in their promotional emails with 53% mentioning specific pinboards and 17% promoting Pinterest contests.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...