News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Travel buyers will wait to buy holiday tickets
Consumers across the globe may already be looking for deals when it comes to gift for the 2012 holiday season, but when it comes to travel, they aren't. That according to new data out from ShopAtHome's new travel geared report.
According to the report more than half of US travelers will wait a while before beginning the search for cheap flights and other travel deals for the 2012 holidays.
"Consumers are always looking for great deals and ways to save, and holiday travel is no exception," said Marc Braunstein, co-founder and CEO of ShopAtHome.com. "Though some of our members traditionally think of us as a place for retail coupons - some of the largest savings we see come from coupons and cash back on things like flights, hotels and car rental."
The 2012 Holiday Travel Buy-havior Report finds anxiety about not getting the best deal is what is keeping most travelers from booking early. Many, researchers found, believe the best deals will be had later in the season. Other interesting findings include:
• 43% of respondents say they won't travel over the 2012 holidays
• 17% say they have one week or more for holiday travels
• 60% say if they had a choice they'd go tropical for their holiday vacation
• 52% say they'll spend between $100 and $1000 for travel over the holidays
Those who are traveling will find deals later in the season, but the experts at ShopAtHome say some of the best deals can be had now:
• Look for parking and shuttle services
• Try booking actual travel days as Tuesday - Thursday to avoid the crush Friday - Monday
• Save plane fees by buying gifts online and shipping to the destination rather than paying for extra baggage
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...