News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Travel buyers will wait to buy holiday tickets
Consumers across the globe may already be looking for deals when it comes to gift for the 2012 holiday season, but when it comes to travel, they aren't. That according to new data out from ShopAtHome's new travel geared report.
According to the report more than half of US travelers will wait a while before beginning the search for cheap flights and other travel deals for the 2012 holidays.
"Consumers are always looking for great deals and ways to save, and holiday travel is no exception," said Marc Braunstein, co-founder and CEO of ShopAtHome.com. "Though some of our members traditionally think of us as a place for retail coupons - some of the largest savings we see come from coupons and cash back on things like flights, hotels and car rental."
The 2012 Holiday Travel Buy-havior Report finds anxiety about not getting the best deal is what is keeping most travelers from booking early. Many, researchers found, believe the best deals will be had later in the season. Other interesting findings include:
• 43% of respondents say they won't travel over the 2012 holidays
• 17% say they have one week or more for holiday travels
• 60% say if they had a choice they'd go tropical for their holiday vacation
• 52% say they'll spend between $100 and $1000 for travel over the holidays
Those who are traveling will find deals later in the season, but the experts at ShopAtHome say some of the best deals can be had now:
• Look for parking and shuttle services
• Try booking actual travel days as Tuesday - Thursday to avoid the crush Friday - Monday
• Save plane fees by buying gifts online and shipping to the destination rather than paying for extra baggage
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...