News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report predicts 50% rise in mobile shoppers in next two years
Juniper Research has released new figures estimating that the rate of mobile shopping will rise significantly over the next 2 years taking user numbers up to over 580 million.
Greater consumer confidence in mobile shopping and mobile payments is reflected in Juniper's latest figures which show e-retail migrating to mobile devices.
The research firm predicts the rate of mobile shopping will rise 50% in the next two years. Today, 393 million people shop using a mobile device. By the end of 2014 that figure will be nearer 580 million.
Juniper's "Buy Now, Pay Mobile" report reveals that both the average size and scale of purchases will also rise significantly, bolstered by larger volumes of regular, higher-value transactions such as the weekly grocery trip.
Businesses that don't provide a mobile option won't meet consumer expectations, and risk falling behind their competitors and missing out on revenues. Total annual transaction values from remote digital and physical goods sales will hit $730 billion within five years.
- Study: Smartphone viewers more likely to click
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
- Marketing spend on social to rise from 11% to a quarter of budget
- Checking email chews up 6.3 hours per day
- Study: Content, page loads reduce brand trust
- Study: Personalization key for email engagement
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...