News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report predicts 50% rise in mobile shoppers in next two years
Juniper Research has released new figures estimating that the rate of mobile shopping will rise significantly over the next 2 years taking user numbers up to over 580 million.
Greater consumer confidence in mobile shopping and mobile payments is reflected in Juniper's latest figures which show e-retail migrating to mobile devices.
The research firm predicts the rate of mobile shopping will rise 50% in the next two years. Today, 393 million people shop using a mobile device. By the end of 2014 that figure will be nearer 580 million.
Juniper's "Buy Now, Pay Mobile" report reveals that both the average size and scale of purchases will also rise significantly, bolstered by larger volumes of regular, higher-value transactions such as the weekly grocery trip.
Businesses that don't provide a mobile option won't meet consumer expectations, and risk falling behind their competitors and missing out on revenues. Total annual transaction values from remote digital and physical goods sales will hit $730 billion within five years.
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...