News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report predicts 50% rise in mobile shoppers in next two years
Juniper Research has released new figures estimating that the rate of mobile shopping will rise significantly over the next 2 years taking user numbers up to over 580 million.
Greater consumer confidence in mobile shopping and mobile payments is reflected in Juniper's latest figures which show e-retail migrating to mobile devices.
The research firm predicts the rate of mobile shopping will rise 50% in the next two years. Today, 393 million people shop using a mobile device. By the end of 2014 that figure will be nearer 580 million.
Juniper's "Buy Now, Pay Mobile" report reveals that both the average size and scale of purchases will also rise significantly, bolstered by larger volumes of regular, higher-value transactions such as the weekly grocery trip.
Businesses that don't provide a mobile option won't meet consumer expectations, and risk falling behind their competitors and missing out on revenues. Total annual transaction values from remote digital and physical goods sales will hit $730 billion within five years.
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...