News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report predicts 50% rise in mobile shoppers in next two years
Juniper Research has released new figures estimating that the rate of mobile shopping will rise significantly over the next 2 years taking user numbers up to over 580 million.
Greater consumer confidence in mobile shopping and mobile payments is reflected in Juniper's latest figures which show e-retail migrating to mobile devices.
The research firm predicts the rate of mobile shopping will rise 50% in the next two years. Today, 393 million people shop using a mobile device. By the end of 2014 that figure will be nearer 580 million.
Juniper's "Buy Now, Pay Mobile" report reveals that both the average size and scale of purchases will also rise significantly, bolstered by larger volumes of regular, higher-value transactions such as the weekly grocery trip.
Businesses that don't provide a mobile option won't meet consumer expectations, and risk falling behind their competitors and missing out on revenues. Total annual transaction values from remote digital and physical goods sales will hit $730 billion within five years.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...