News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report predicts 50% rise in mobile shoppers in next two years
Juniper Research has released new figures estimating that the rate of mobile shopping will rise significantly over the next 2 years taking user numbers up to over 580 million.
Greater consumer confidence in mobile shopping and mobile payments is reflected in Juniper's latest figures which show e-retail migrating to mobile devices.
The research firm predicts the rate of mobile shopping will rise 50% in the next two years. Today, 393 million people shop using a mobile device. By the end of 2014 that figure will be nearer 580 million.
Juniper's "Buy Now, Pay Mobile" report reveals that both the average size and scale of purchases will also rise significantly, bolstered by larger volumes of regular, higher-value transactions such as the weekly grocery trip.
Businesses that don't provide a mobile option won't meet consumer expectations, and risk falling behind their competitors and missing out on revenues. Total annual transaction values from remote digital and physical goods sales will hit $730 billion within five years.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...