News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Most use Facebook for social login
When it comes to shopping online a growing segment of shoppers doesn't want to create different accounts for each store. Instead, they choose to login using an existing account, usually attached to an email account or social network. According to new data from Janrain most are now using Facebook for logins.
Social login isn't just a benefit for consumers, according to the Janrain report, although quick access to accounts is a big benefit. For retailers and merchants social login also offers insight into the social profiles of users, which can give insight into how to better engage the shopper.
Some interesting takeaways from Janrain's Q3 trends report include:
• Facebook is the preferred login for retailer and media sites as well as entertainment/gaming sites
• Paypal is gaining ground fast on retail sites
• Facebook is also the preferred login for mobile users
"[Facebook's] popularity is especially pronounced on music sites and entertainment and gaming sites. On retail websites, we are witnessing an increasing preference to use PayPal to create an account and sign-in during the checkout process. PayPal's share increased to nearly 10% on retail sites in Q3, up from 2% in Q4 2011," was written in the report.
As for sharing trends, consumers are sharing most information through Facebook and Twitter, continuing the trend of the past year. As for what they're sharing, the report shows it isn't just news links any longer. Online shoppers are also sharing comments, recent purchases and product reviews through their social networks, giving brands more to look for in the social space.
Janrain suggests businesses optimize the social media strategy arm of their business, utilizing social login for registrations and then using the information culled from those accounts to offer better targeting and more relevant products to shopping consumers.
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...