News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Most use Facebook for social login
When it comes to shopping online a growing segment of shoppers doesn't want to create different accounts for each store. Instead, they choose to login using an existing account, usually attached to an email account or social network. According to new data from Janrain most are now using Facebook for logins.
Social login isn't just a benefit for consumers, according to the Janrain report, although quick access to accounts is a big benefit. For retailers and merchants social login also offers insight into the social profiles of users, which can give insight into how to better engage the shopper.
Some interesting takeaways from Janrain's Q3 trends report include:
• Facebook is the preferred login for retailer and media sites as well as entertainment/gaming sites
• Paypal is gaining ground fast on retail sites
• Facebook is also the preferred login for mobile users
"[Facebook's] popularity is especially pronounced on music sites and entertainment and gaming sites. On retail websites, we are witnessing an increasing preference to use PayPal to create an account and sign-in during the checkout process. PayPal's share increased to nearly 10% on retail sites in Q3, up from 2% in Q4 2011," was written in the report.
As for sharing trends, consumers are sharing most information through Facebook and Twitter, continuing the trend of the past year. As for what they're sharing, the report shows it isn't just news links any longer. Online shoppers are also sharing comments, recent purchases and product reviews through their social networks, giving brands more to look for in the social space.
Janrain suggests businesses optimize the social media strategy arm of their business, utilizing social login for registrations and then using the information culled from those accounts to offer better targeting and more relevant products to shopping consumers.
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...