News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: More businesses to use audience data in 2013
Look for more brands to get into the data business in the New Year. Using 'Big Data' to better target content and ads will be a big trend for 2013 according to a new report from eXelate and Digiday. One surprise: generic information won't cut it - to succeed brands need customizable information.
According to the report 60% of 2012 campaigns used or are using Audience Data to target and serve online ads. Moving into 2013 we can expect that to increase by up to 40% as more brands look to audience data for targeting.
"It's no surprise that custom data was cited as the most effective form of data for both branding and direct response campaigns among marketer, advertiser and ad platform respondents," said Mark S. Zagorski, CEO, eXelate. "The industry is moving beyond cookie cutter data and shifting toward highly targeted, custom data at scale. 'Big Data' will continue to play a critical role for digital marketers in 2013, and we look forward to delivering solutions that make that data actionable for smarter marketing."
The report found:
• 60% of Agency, 67% of Ad Platform, 57% of Marketer campagins use audience targeting now
• Custom data was found to have the best performance for Brand Campaigns by Agencies (37%), Ad Platforms (48%) and Marketers (36%)
• It was found to perform best for Direct Marketing initiatives (43% Agency, 58% Ad Platform, 46% Marketers)
Looking ahead to 2013 the majority of survey respondents said they would increase their spend on custom data. For Agencies, the increase is attributed to custom data's efficiency (68%) while 78% of Ad Platforms reported they would increase spending for strategic purposes and gaining better customer insights. Marketers said they would invest more in custom data because the information better identifies customers (70%).
- Study: Most mobile brands using geo-targeting
- Survey: Economy making SMBs pessimistic
- Mobile Roundup: Transactions, Fraud increasing
- Personal data: Lack of trust could hinder business growth
- 'Digiboomers' neglected by marketers
- UK: Pureplay online sales will exceed multichannel retailers' this year
- Report: Brands need to up their content focus
- Report shows shoppers want retail everywhere
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Nation Online - The Next Era
Ready for the year's most innovative online conference for marketers? Join us on Wednesday, September 2nd from 9:30am - 1:00pm...