News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: More businesses to use audience data in 2013
Look for more brands to get into the data business in the New Year. Using 'Big Data' to better target content and ads will be a big trend for 2013 according to a new report from eXelate and Digiday. One surprise: generic information won't cut it - to succeed brands need customizable information.
According to the report 60% of 2012 campaigns used or are using Audience Data to target and serve online ads. Moving into 2013 we can expect that to increase by up to 40% as more brands look to audience data for targeting.
"It's no surprise that custom data was cited as the most effective form of data for both branding and direct response campaigns among marketer, advertiser and ad platform respondents," said Mark S. Zagorski, CEO, eXelate. "The industry is moving beyond cookie cutter data and shifting toward highly targeted, custom data at scale. 'Big Data' will continue to play a critical role for digital marketers in 2013, and we look forward to delivering solutions that make that data actionable for smarter marketing."
The report found:
• 60% of Agency, 67% of Ad Platform, 57% of Marketer campagins use audience targeting now
• Custom data was found to have the best performance for Brand Campaigns by Agencies (37%), Ad Platforms (48%) and Marketers (36%)
• It was found to perform best for Direct Marketing initiatives (43% Agency, 58% Ad Platform, 46% Marketers)
Looking ahead to 2013 the majority of survey respondents said they would increase their spend on custom data. For Agencies, the increase is attributed to custom data's efficiency (68%) while 78% of Ad Platforms reported they would increase spending for strategic purposes and gaining better customer insights. Marketers said they would invest more in custom data because the information better identifies customers (70%).
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...